Clinic today. WBC down, but expectedly, as I stopped Neupogen injections. Sorta flying on my own, so to speak. RBC and PLTs both up a tad and those too are all by my lonesome, so perhaps engraftment is taking place—totally my conjecture, they don't check for that for a while. But it ain't bad news. Good news is fluid is ebbing and lung cultures remain negative. Got 4mg of Magnesium replacement which is good for the ticker and will help with my preterm contractions. Dear ol' dad pulled some end game brilliancy to beat me in a game of chess for the first time in 30 some years. I was shamed and proud at the same time. I think it might keep him at the table for a few more years which is good for both of us. The Rick was ducking me like Larry Holmes, but when he saw today's tilt he got all excited for a game. Kinda tells you what you need to know.
The beauty of this one frightens me. FRIGHTENS me, Is this what Rilke meant when he said "Every Angel is terrifying." KME? help here.
Nobody but me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
12
(108)
-
▼
Jun
(28)
- 48 It's not true what they say
- 45, 46, 47
- Enough (44)
- Polamalu
- 42 (have i mentioned any steeler DB's?)
- 40, 41
- 39
- 38 (Unknown Steeler Tim Worley)
- The Twelfth Prime Number
- 37, changing of the guard
- Thirty-Six
- 35
- Leopold Bloom
- Tony Dorsett, scoop a chocolate, scoop a vanilla.
- FRANCO, of course
- Donnie Shell
- Terrell Davis
- Eric Dickerson (right?)
- Marshall Faulk
- Twenty-six, seven
- 25
- 24
- What rhymes with 23?
- Catch 22
- 21
- HEY, NINETEEN (and 20, for tech difficulties last ...
- EIGHTEEN. I once had a girl (or should I say she ...
- SEVENTEEN
-
▼
Jun
(28)
News has to be either good or bad, no neutrality, and from this report it's to the good as far as I am concerned. Call me biased...I've been called a lot worse. The news on the lungs is certainly good, can't wait to share a little of Hanford's Cherry tobacco with you!
ReplyDeleteNow I know why Doug asked me about a month ago if I knew of any online gaming sites. If he starts to ask to play for money...bail out!
Per your comments about your daughter...I remember a day in NJ when I was visiting one of my boat dealers and you called and I took the news that Heather was pregnant again...great! I was a little nervous because the delivery of your news was somewhat monotone so I asked..."Is everything ok?" and you said there is more...it's twin girls. I remember laughing and thinking how fair life is...and now we let history write itself...
Stay strong...
I think Agnes looks a little like her dad.
ReplyDeleteIf she, or it, conjures the line then it has to be what he meant by it. Man I love Rilke. Sometimes I read and I just want to go to sleep afterwards.
ReplyDeleteAgnes looks so much like her dad I'd be worried for her if I didn't know how thoughtful a man dad is.
You should not need me to tell you that with age comes wisdom. You are quite lucky you lost in chess to your dad. Embrace it. I Always Love the pictures....so beautiful a way to convey your status. Nothing to be frightened about, be thankful and be strong now. Keep fighting kid. We have a lot of things to do and places to go.
ReplyDeleteOh almost forgot to answer your question; rhymes that apply to you are germfree, greegree, and you are a little chickaree.
ReplyDeleteGood night.