Thursday. You know what that means: Golf. Nate, Dad, The Rick and I went to Stone Meadow[sic]. Hit a couple of buckets and then took to the Executive par three. Nine holes, buck a hole. The Rick and I VS. Nate and Dad. Back and forth through 5, then Nate and Dad with the box pressed AND changed their order. NEVER change your order. They pressed twice more and after 9 they were down 16 units. The Rick was our team capt and took MVP honors. He was on the green in one on every hole but one. I wasn't so pretty off the tee, but I did sink three must haves on the back 4. Pitch for show, put for dough. I didn't lose a ball either, my goal going into it. In other sporting news, I took both games of a chess twin bill from The Rick. Sadly, no money wagered, but my ship is correct under steam again. It's all in the opening. And the backswing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
12
(108)
-
▼
Jun
(28)
- 48 It's not true what they say
- 45, 46, 47
- Enough (44)
- Polamalu
- 42 (have i mentioned any steeler DB's?)
- 40, 41
- 39
- 38 (Unknown Steeler Tim Worley)
- The Twelfth Prime Number
- 37, changing of the guard
- Thirty-Six
- 35
- Leopold Bloom
- Tony Dorsett, scoop a chocolate, scoop a vanilla.
- FRANCO, of course
- Donnie Shell
- Terrell Davis
- Eric Dickerson (right?)
- Marshall Faulk
- Twenty-six, seven
- 25
- 24
- What rhymes with 23?
- Catch 22
- 21
- HEY, NINETEEN (and 20, for tech difficulties last ...
- EIGHTEEN. I once had a girl (or should I say she ...
- SEVENTEEN
-
▼
Jun
(28)
I'm going to step out on a limb and say you hooked that shot, or held on and hit a massive block cut.I bring this up because of your declaration about how it's all in the backswing, for which you have some good things going on but a fucking horrible horrible shaft angle. (wait. what am I talking about again?)
ReplyDeleteA secret that you and I know now: the minimus makes an excellent golf shoe. God's honest truth.
It is indeed a limb you are out on. Not saying im a good golfer, only that today I golfed good. Will leave it to the MVP to corroborate. The camera adds 10 degrees to every angle. Everyone knows this.
ReplyDeletePotts was strong out there. Ice down the stretch. Made everything...with cash on the line to boot. Totally unconcerned with shaft angles (unless I'm being filmed...what's up). It's where the ball ends up and who's getting paid that matters.
DeleteJim Furyk has an unconventional shaft angle (talking golf here, stay with me people) and he gets it in the hole (still talking golf) and gets paid.
Really it boils down to the fact that Potts and Jim Furyk are quite similar. Both have weird backswings but get it done on the course. Both have women from Manheim who can discuss their shaft angles.
I was at your house today and with a lot of help managed to open your site. What a wonderful surprise to see you out playing golf. Congratulations on making such great progress and keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteGG
I, too, was surprised to hear of your recent outings. So happy to hear you are getting out. I don't know much about golf yet, though last summer Eric took me to the driving range. Was incredibly sore the next day ... swinging a little too hard and missing the ball a few too many times. Hoping for the chance to improve a bit this summer.
ReplyDeletePotter,
ReplyDeleteWhy do golf balls have dimples? Great to see you with some physical activity in your daily routine. Two mile hike sounds refreshing, good for you! Keep up the good work. Hope your sleep settles down too!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteNot sure, but that swing looks like an issue. I play a lot of Tiger Woods on the Play Station, so think I am pretty well qualified to make that judgement.
ReplyDelete