Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Catch 22

Gotta get well enough to go home.  Don't think I can do that absent home.
Deprived of my family is some kind of torture.  Back to Doctor's today, probably to learn about chest and fluid.  Wish I had better news.

I said warden, warden, warden
wont you break your lock and key
yeah, come along here, mister
C'mon and let the poor boy be


6 comments:

  1. Dude. Somebody took Christ's arms. If I believed in hell, it seems like that'd get you there, assuming, of course, I also believed Jesus was magic.

    A lot of commas in there, I know. But I am not afraid of commas, as I've proven again and again and again.

    It's lonely brother, I know. I hear you. I understand. Might have to slip it into four wheel drive for a bit until the reinforcements show up. But they're on the way, if coming slow. The thing about heavy artillery is that it's heavy and slow. But man, when it shows up, everybody's glad for the big guns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well put, I know it played out but this is another battle in the war.

      You've proven you're tougher than a pine knot, hell I knew that damn near 30 years ago when I watched you, as a freshman, drill a senior in the mouth and quickly end his verbal rant.

      This is just another chapter in your book...

      Are you craving anything from us down south here in the form of a care package? I don't think baked ziti or apple cake will ship real well, but salsa and peppers will...I was going to get you some fresh tobacco from Jim Hanford's store but you need to get your lungs cleaned up first...

      - 4th quarter, then we celebrate....

      Delete
  2. Hang tough kid, you've been through worse. You are on the down hill slide, though I do understand the family torture. I have some good enlightening stories about torture that I will tell you in person, can't here sorry. Go see the doctors, make them laugh and ask if they know what they are doing, make them worry and earn their pay. While there kepp away from the house keepers please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Potter, I watched my daughter come off pain meds post surgery. It was awful. You are coming back from a very dark place, and you're going to need to give yourself some time before anything feels even remotely right again. Speaking of heavy artillery, is there anyway that heather and the kids can come? Is there anything we can do to make that happen? I'm trying to be helpful, not stupid so forgive me. And: isnt jesus christ sliced a beastie boys lyric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, wish I could say I know how you feel, but I don’t. I can definitely relate to time away from people you love, but I didn’t do it after the abuse you’ve been through. All I can offer is what helped me out some, talking. I spend a heap of time starring at the windshield of a GMC, or as Wyatt calls it, that huge pickup truck. So feel free 910.995.7797. Nate can attest, I’ll yap all day if need be. Might be fun for you to try and decipher some of this shit we* call talk anyway.

    I would post a nice cheerful poem, but the only limerick I know is about some dude from Nantucket.

    Chin up, shoulders back, give em hell.

    *not sooo educated people from NC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that the view out the back window of your catholic school dorm room?

    I am watching a hawk circle outside my window, this is a good omen. (Unless there are too many of them, which means there may be a rodent problem in the area, but I digress). Things will get better. Keep your head down, keep your feet going, keep that sled moving , this thing doesn't stand a chance.

    ReplyDelete