Had a bad feeling when they sent a nurse practitioner to see me at the clinic on Wed. Nothing against the NP (no relation) but really thought I needed a doctor to cut me loose. The blood work was good to very good. I now have a normal German's white count. RBC, pretty damn close to normal. Platelets held steady. Another bad feeling: i thought i'd need 50 to come home. I had a sinking feeling. I sorted things out with the NP and she said she didn't see any reason to keep me. She ran it by the Doc and it happened about as fast as you can say individual mandate.
I got a boost of magnesium and then made tracks for the cardiac center to have them pull the line. Got home Wed night/Thurs morning 12:30. Hugged and kissed my kin and cried big crocodile drops on the bedspreads.
Im due back on the 9th and then likely 3 more times in the next 6 weeks. Im banged up and battered and there is still a non-trivial amount of game left but I like my position and have a materiel advantage. I like my chances. And I'm so very happy to be home, where the best parts of me were all along. The blog is good at least until day 100, check back. Keep the comments coming, they make the next post much easier. After a 100, I'll run it by Legal and see where we stand.
The part I'm leaving out is Lut was with me for nigh every second. He flew up, rented a car and was by my side before blood draws. When we wrapped up with the medical types, he drove me back to the school, we loaded up and he drove all the way to Amish Country and chased it with a solo trip back to DC. Our conversation roamed hell's half acre from Joyce to, well, let's say 5th amendment. We were sore for him to stay but he said he just had to be on the steps of the SCOTUS when they overturned ACA. oops. seriously, three cheers for Lut. Huzzah. Huzzah. Huzzah.
What's truly amazing and wakes up the crocodiles every time I think about it is how many good turns, Generous, selfless, milk-of-human-kindness turns you all have done me the last four years. If you can read this, THIS MEANS YOU. There's no ranking you because you already make an all-star team: Pop tending to me like a mama bear. Rick for going above and beyond what one could reasonably ask, and throwing all those chess games. Nate good for 4 visits and bringing the rebel for half of them. Chuck and Hallie and Tisha for the visits and the cleaning and this list could get very long. And this paragraph could get long if I tried to catalog all your decencies. You care, your concern your favors and your reaching out or hanging in there with me--a known difficult guy to hang in there with. I am moved with gratitude that I am at a loss to properly convey, so I'll just say this and hope you'll know I mean it much as anyone has: Thank you. If you could see in my heart, you'd see a big feast prepared where all of you have a seat, a comfy one. The wine is free, the food delicious, the conversation scintillating, your chef and your waiter both go by CJ, and I won't stop running until everyone is stuffed.
Your're my kinda people and I dont like very many people.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
12
(108)
-
▼
Jun
(28)
- 48 It's not true what they say
- 45, 46, 47
- Enough (44)
- Polamalu
- 42 (have i mentioned any steeler DB's?)
- 40, 41
- 39
- 38 (Unknown Steeler Tim Worley)
- The Twelfth Prime Number
- 37, changing of the guard
- Thirty-Six
- 35
- Leopold Bloom
- Tony Dorsett, scoop a chocolate, scoop a vanilla.
- FRANCO, of course
- Donnie Shell
- Terrell Davis
- Eric Dickerson (right?)
- Marshall Faulk
- Twenty-six, seven
- 25
- 24
- What rhymes with 23?
- Catch 22
- 21
- HEY, NINETEEN (and 20, for tech difficulties last ...
- EIGHTEEN. I once had a girl (or should I say she ...
- SEVENTEEN
-
▼
Jun
(28)
I can't imagine how great it must have been to walk in your house yesterday. I am kind of surprised you broke away long enough to write what you did. I am picturing a 6-way hug on New Street(had to include Yankee) that no one wants to let go of...I do know I better stop my tears or people in my office will start asking questions and there is not enough time in the day to explain you.
ReplyDelete45 - Bob Gibson
46 - Andy Pettitte
47 - Tom Glavine, Honorable mention to Mel Blount
I like my nurse practitioner, who does more to help with informing me about my tumor than the 2 surgeons. She's great.
ReplyDeleteI like it much better though, that you got released to go home. That's better than my NP. Congrats! Is "congrats" appropriate? My lack of a better vocab means I use words inappropriately at times. "Me fail English? That's umpossible."
Potter,
ReplyDeleteYou are most welcome.
You are correct though, enough with the jersey numbers, time to go home and take care of yourself and your family.Naughton had you on the numbers easily and well, i only know a few anyway. Nascar numbers came to my mind on a few.
Reading this on this morning has energized my day and makes me thankful and glad you are home. I am sure you have afew thing s to do at home. Call me to help you are the tough ones.
I am glad to be on your short list of people and truly love to hear about the ones on the other list and make fun of them. Not a nice thing to say, but you know what I mean. Give eveyone another big hug and kiss from me.
Made me cry again. No words to say how happy we are that you are home with your amazing family. It was so good to see you and spend the day with you all Thursday. Glad I mad the list too.
ReplyDelete