When your wife beats you to a member of the Steel Curtain it's hard to argue otherwise. Though it did seem kinda google-ish considering she probably thinks strong safety means extra child seats. Hell, I couldn't come up with a 31 to save my life. It's a bad number.
Nate, Dad and I circumabulated Walden pond yesterday. Quite a place. Quite. Still brimming with the spirit of the man. I sorely wanted to swim the length and maybe back, but pond water is a no-no. Something I would rather like to do someday. The cabin site is, properly, spartan and altar-like. I had a ball. And walked just shy of two miles. Thoreau, you probably know had a sweet donegal beard.
"Live deep and suck the marrow of life."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
12
(108)
-
▼
Jun
(28)
- 48 It's not true what they say
- 45, 46, 47
- Enough (44)
- Polamalu
- 42 (have i mentioned any steeler DB's?)
- 40, 41
- 39
- 38 (Unknown Steeler Tim Worley)
- The Twelfth Prime Number
- 37, changing of the guard
- Thirty-Six
- 35
- Leopold Bloom
- Tony Dorsett, scoop a chocolate, scoop a vanilla.
- FRANCO, of course
- Donnie Shell
- Terrell Davis
- Eric Dickerson (right?)
- Marshall Faulk
- Twenty-six, seven
- 25
- 24
- What rhymes with 23?
- Catch 22
- 21
- HEY, NINETEEN (and 20, for tech difficulties last ...
- EIGHTEEN. I once had a girl (or should I say she ...
- SEVENTEEN
-
▼
Jun
(28)

Live deep indeed, HDT, I worship you almost as much as I do your benefactor and indoor-brother RWE. Not that I was invited but o! wish I'd a been there. It is really that gray in June? California living has extinguished my sense of weather with a complicated personality.
ReplyDeletePretty grey, but a pretty grey, if you follow me. Yeah, I got all nostalgic for the boys experiment too. Civil disobedience etc. Not no government, just good government. TM, too. I'm calling the boys the first American Buddhists. It really was a splendid trip/place. If I go back, will build a little cairn for you. The pond is 100ft deep! And there are stone-step entryways all around.
ReplyDeletetomorrow is sandy koufax day. he was not a buddhist. indeed, as some jew once asked -- it might have been koufax or maybe it was einstein -- if there is no self, whose arthritis is this?
ReplyDelete