always only enjoy
Sunday, June 24, 2012
42 (have i mentioned any steeler DB's?)
A pretty splendid Sunday, all things considered. Like all good Sundays it started Saturday night with Brother Nate and Cip's visit. Good Chinese food and good story tellin'. This AM Sarah dropped by for a visit, the sunshine was warm, the air was cool and the conversation edifying. Baby Mirany fought valiantly but in the end was won over by my magnetic personality. In the afternoon I visited The Rick and his very tolerable children (other people's aren't always). We had some barley beverage and tasty stir fry.
I should have said earlier that Lut was my introduction to the work of Donald Judd and, truth be told, Iconography. Here's one more. I forget every detail about it, but that pear looks like it's gonna fall on your foot, does it not?
always only enjoy
always only enjoy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
12
(108)
-
▼
Jun
(28)
- 48 It's not true what they say
- 45, 46, 47
- Enough (44)
- Polamalu
- 42 (have i mentioned any steeler DB's?)
- 40, 41
- 39
- 38 (Unknown Steeler Tim Worley)
- The Twelfth Prime Number
- 37, changing of the guard
- Thirty-Six
- 35
- Leopold Bloom
- Tony Dorsett, scoop a chocolate, scoop a vanilla.
- FRANCO, of course
- Donnie Shell
- Terrell Davis
- Eric Dickerson (right?)
- Marshall Faulk
- Twenty-six, seven
- 25
- 24
- What rhymes with 23?
- Catch 22
- 21
- HEY, NINETEEN (and 20, for tech difficulties last ...
- EIGHTEEN. I once had a girl (or should I say she ...
- SEVENTEEN
-
▼
Jun
(28)
That melon looks almost as good as the ones we've got plumping in the backyard.
ReplyDeleteMy first thought was if they were apples, we would have enough for a good cake!
ReplyDelete- Jackie Robinson
ReplyDelete- Ronnie Lott
- Mariano Rivera...
Hard to argue any of those for 42. Robinson should get the nod but Lott might be the greatest safety of our era. Although rooting for the Yankees is akin to rooting for Camp Mohawk in Meatballs the movie, it's hard not to acknowledge Mo's greatness.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I'm pretty sure you've got Mike Pruitt locked in for #43.
Good day for a puzzle...
No doubt Potter has Troy Palamalahairdo already tee'd up...Meanwhile there is Dennis Eckersley, Richard Petty for the NASCAR peeps....
DeletePotter, very good to see you. Mirany was subdued by your stoic nature. On the way home, she thought of several things she wished she had said, and a couple of good jokes too.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I don't think it's a good idea to give people pictures of fruit. I did that once, and never saw it again. Twice, and they put it in the bathroom.
ReplyDelete