Got a golf lesson from The Rick today. Turn your left shoulder under your chin. Hit the catcher in the mask. Rotate your hips. Hit 'em like you never did. Picked up a 1K-piece jigsaw puzzle. Uncle and I (and The Rick, truth be told) finished a 400 piece-er of a topo map, no picture. Maybe the hardest jigsaw puzzle ever and I put together a few Staves (google it). As The Rick said, it's like a mine accident/rescue: Every 40 min you fit a piece or save a miner--everyone sighs with relief. And then you go after the next one. Spent the afternoon at the Boston Museum of Fine Art. Really delightful. Highlight: coming out of the Hall of Masters into American pop art. Like the clouds parted, you got all the jokes and they were all funny. Still, hard to top Achilles readying steeds for the big battle. This one had me in it's tractor beam for a LONG time. Hope your day was filled with goodness not badness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
12
(108)
-
▼
Jun
(28)
- 48 It's not true what they say
- 45, 46, 47
- Enough (44)
- Polamalu
- 42 (have i mentioned any steeler DB's?)
- 40, 41
- 39
- 38 (Unknown Steeler Tim Worley)
- The Twelfth Prime Number
- 37, changing of the guard
- Thirty-Six
- 35
- Leopold Bloom
- Tony Dorsett, scoop a chocolate, scoop a vanilla.
- FRANCO, of course
- Donnie Shell
- Terrell Davis
- Eric Dickerson (right?)
- Marshall Faulk
- Twenty-six, seven
- 25
- 24
- What rhymes with 23?
- Catch 22
- 21
- HEY, NINETEEN (and 20, for tech difficulties last ...
- EIGHTEEN. I once had a girl (or should I say she ...
- SEVENTEEN
-
▼
Jun
(28)
I'll know pornography when I see it. I'd prefer the horse and rabbit masks again.
ReplyDeletePotts was strong at the driving range. Good student out there. There's a joke somewhere here about shaft angles and wrist cock, but I don't have the energy. The thought of LeDouche James winning an NBA title has sapped all my sophomoric wit.
I know this is more of a wrestling crowd, so I'll go with an analogy here. Imagine if Rulon Gardner had defected to the USSR back in the '80s so he wouldn't have to fight Karyolev and in turn be part of the greatest wrestling nation ever instead of beating them in an American singlet. Exactly.
I'm not sure if any of the above names or dates are correct, but hopefully you get my gist.
If not, it is this simple: Fuck you LeBron.
This why I don't watch the NBA (anymore).
ReplyDeleteLeBron...wow a French guy is that good at basketball? I didn't picture the French being that strong in the sport, but once again I admit I don't know much about basketball.
ReplyDeleteBTW I am finding it really hard to keep my promise to remain PG from now on...you guys leave tons of material on the table. Unfortunately said material would only be sutied for a bon fire in rural Pa. after putting a large dent in a case of Coors.
Keep up the good work CJ. Looks like the heat is going to break...you'll be playing 18 holes next week.
Yeah, it's French for 'The Bron'. 'Bron' is Ohio slang for "big pussy".
DeleteJAZ is right, this blog is very educational. Thanks The Rick.
DeleteLay it out on the Table Naughton comeon! I also think it would be a dent in the second 30 pack of Coors, especially if a few drinkers were there!!
DeleteI thought that was a picture of Lut saddling up for his ride the other day.
ReplyDeleteLets get back to the real sport for a second. #38 leaving the pro ranks here, but i think it is justified- Chucky Mullins.
I think CJ has tunnel vision with Steeler pride. Can't believe Curt Schilling didn't even get an honorable mention.
Delete