Monday, June 4, 2012

HEY, NINETEEN (and 20, for tech difficulties last night)

View out my window at The Newton County Day School of the Sacred Heart. Library on the left, Lax field background, a little robin, hard to pick out, foreground.  The living is high.  Soft sheets, fluffy pillows, quiet like I forgot I could even imagine.  People decent and generous as all get out.  I have kind of a master suite, Dad has a room with a head across the hall.  Kitchen, TV/lounge space and acres and acres of walking.  And it's way more independent than parochial.  The Rick is 15 minutes away, but so close to my heart.

No we can't dance together/ no we can't talk at all/ please take me along when you slide on down.

10 comments:

  1. I'll say it before JAZ does...sounds pretty filthy. Lay off the lax until your knee heals 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice man. Congrats on the new pad. Hell, with all that space, i might venture north to see you. Anywhere to fish in boston?

    Tell Doug what up. I would say ask him something about mint jelly, but figured the whole potter clan is sick of that joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Boston spring. Bring your parka.

    True story: on June 18, 2003, the day of my graduation from business school in fair Cambridge, Mass. the temperature was a balmy 48 degrees.

    Sox are warming up though. The weather's sure to follow. Isn't hockey season over yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Potter,

    Glad you moved. Do they forward your mail from the hospital?? I mailed some reading material to you thinking it would help pass the time and keep your mind off things. Now I am just worried who might receive it and wonder what to do with it. I haven't had to intercept US MAil for a long time, so may have to roll with this one. Keep up the healing. Stay away fom the house keepers at the school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother mailed my sneaker on a dare when we were, oh, maybe 8 and 10. I was sitting on the big blue mail receptacle, legs dangling. My mother came out of the grocery store and was pissed. Told us watch out for white vans because we were going to REFORM SCHOOL. good place for catholic girls. Enjoy the peace, potter.

      Delete
    2. Good story. Still a little skeptical,(although great use of the vulgar words) but not as speechless, I must have had a cleansing with some magic mouthwash. Nips are acceptable. I think of things and I am not thinking of the Neuralogical Information Processing System. As for the pedicure, very skeptical, most definitely need pictures. French Clear, camo, everyone come on thay are all lame. Need something that grabs your atttention. Please! Stand up and make a statement!

      Delete
    3. Must try to be more vulgar. Skeptical? My childhood doesnt seem that unusual, really. As for pedicures: true, ive never given one, though i probably could after a few toes of jim beam. Potter wants military colors, for which he will have to tap nate. I am pretty sure he owns ANTSY IN THE ARMY and KICKING IT IN KHAKI. plus, cip committed a felony, so god knows what kind of good colors he picked up from his pals in prison.

      Delete
  5. try not to be too weird jimmy, i know it's hard. try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thus the writer became the moderator.

      Delete
    2. I sensed 4 fingers of Jim Beam and 6 bud lights were ingredients in that post...

      Delete