Friday, June 22, 2012

39

This is the Donald Judd at the MFA.  I saw it from two galleries away and almost ran to get close to it.  Industrial, speaking of the machine (or The Machine), cold, simple and spare, but also if you spend time with it, seductive, complicated, even somewhat of a painter's work the way it messes with light and shadow.  To generalize Valery: we should apologize for daring to speak about art.
About 39, stumped again except to say one of those old timey Steeler DB's maybe.  Perry, Lake, Bell.  Who knows?  I was gonna close in and get the guard out of the pic, but I decided to leave him in for scale.  Dig those shadows.  Comment it up.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, first to post a comment today. I will leave my last two days comments to the imagination, after reading eveyone elses, mine would make them seem readable for kindergardners. The Rick quite simply and nicely stated it. I am not as nice. Sarah, don't sugar coat it, say it. Naughton, put your big boy pants back on. It is a blog on the internet people, not a church reading for preschoolers. Potter, as for the art, very good picture, as the light, angles, photography is good. Give you an A for the photo. It is inspiring. Keep plugging away and getting bettter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know of a place with a Donald Judd that made someone ask if it was a fancy coat rack. "no" the owner said. "it's sculpture."

    "well then do you have a place I could hang my coat"

    Possibly a true story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Q: What dp you call a guy with no arms and no legs hanging on a wall?

      A: Art

      Delete