Monday, June 11, 2012

Marshall Faulk

Clinic today.  Numbers good.  Engraftment has no doubt taken place.  Nurse practitioner said they gave me so much poison that I'd have needed many transfusions by now if it had not.  I've needed zero.  Numbers still a little low but likely b/c of antibiotic which they have stopped. Know more Fri.  Still sleepless in Boston.  Diagnosis: my noodle, which is a fun-house place to be right now.  Got a "sleep aid," which I'm keen enough to know is more a brain muffler.  I'm loathe to it all, but things have just come to that point.  Miss my home.  In the delta.  Way down that farmer's road.  Keep 'em coming folks.  Please.  Keep 'em coming.

It's so hard not to bend your arms in the clean:

24 comments:

  1. Nice work German bone marrow. The Germans make the best of almost everything, except popsicles. Certainly cars and bone marrow. And strudel.

    The only German words I know are: newspaper, sandwich, cat, egg, cell phone, and eat. Somebody named Lex only made it through the first 20 minutes of Rosetta Stone. I'll loan it to you sometime.

    They don't call it a fun house mirror for nothing: it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "aufhören zu reden so laut, in diesem blöden Sprache!" is the only german i know.

    nice clean. my arms bend way more. wyatt is officially my favorite potter. as much as i hate a braggadocio, he gets thumbs up for going skins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best. Photo. And. News. Ever. Madonna song? Promise to try. Because it was true. Jimmy: That's when people are stating (or in this case, singing) the facts. You should try it. Stay out of Canada.

    Nother Story. True. On Sunday, went out for Chinese. We guessed Mirany might eat a scallion pancake, guessed right. Potter, you're no longer nauseous, right? So we ordered some. Sometimes, long about tree pollen season, a sneeze comes on like a Mississippi storm, no two ways about it. Mouthful of pancake-- ha-- ha -- Blew a HUNK of scallion pancake right into my rather nicely coiffed hair. Laughed so hard I scared Mirany, who cried. Scott offered to buy me a shower cap for our next outing. TRUE STORY. La Isla Bonita? Made us all feel ethnic, when we aren't. Oh, and here's what I took from one semester of German: Ich habe kein geld. Ich trinke ein bier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation, in case: i have no money. I drink beer.

      Delete
  4. Greatest Arby's condiment: German Mustard
    Greatest line from a fraternity movie: "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
    Greatest 80s pornstar: The Spermin' German
    Greatest Ohio State QB of the 90s: Joe Germaine

    You're in good company Potts. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christ I was hoping that was NOT a picture of Wyatt. Please tell me I have no sense of scale because that looks like more than I used to squat back when I did stuff like that but when I was still a fully-grown (and not overly wimpy, thanks chicos) adult female. Now I eat cheese.

    I love my Passat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just remembered two people on this blog have seen me pass out so scratch that "not overly wimpy" claim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pass out? I just thought you were tired. We haven't said much about it since. Stratford, by the way, is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly. A bowl of the stuff.

    It is more accurate to say fainted. I fainted. It WAS hot in there wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pic of little Hercules. I think I have finally found a partner that i can use the same weights with. I have been out of the weight room far too long and I am guessing by that pic that Wyatt and I are on the same level.

    German cole slaw is silly good. It will go great with the pig.

    We need to lay off the Madonna comments, she is going to overshadow the popularity of the horse and rabbit, plus she is just a 53 year old hooker!

    CJ - great to hear the good news. Keep up the good work. I hope you can get back on track with your sleep routine. Do what they tell you, get healthy and get the hell out of there.

    Miss you man....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooker might be a little strong for the greatest female pop star of our generation, Mr. Naughton.

      Delete
    2. Sorry to offend...hooker who can sing, Rosetta.

      Delete
    3. I think you're also overlooking her acting and publishing talents, to say nothing of her influence on fashion

      Delete
    4. Not to mention her awesome british accent.

      Delete
  10. Uhhh. Greatest female pop star is clearly Elton John.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bad news: Wyatt and Kar and I were working on DLs, not cleans. Guess the coaching leaves a bit to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice posts. Let us all pause and take note.

      Delete
    2. Nice to hear from you Doc.

      Delete
  12. You're taking note? That's it? What happened to the ticker tape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us pause and take notes on our ticker tapes.

      By the way, you may have noticed that ticker tapes haven't been especially friendly places recently. Today was fine but there's this whole thing in Europe that is sort of making ticker tapes get a little messy. So lets just be clear when we talk about ticker tapes that they're not nearly as fun as, say, a sleep-deprived former curmudgeon looking in a fun-house mirror.

      Delete
  13. WOW. Go to sleep for a day and see what happens. I mean WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Potter,
    Great news to read. Keep up the good work. Give your noodle a rest and get some sleep. After about 3-4 days of being up straight you should fall asleep. Get some rest and by then I will be able to come see you. Keep on getting better kid!

    ReplyDelete