Sunday, June 10, 2012

Twenty-six, seven

Finally got some sleep.  Not the night through, but easily 4x average of the last week.  Whew.  Nice long walk.  Took Dr. Girvin to airport.  Sad to see her go.  Clinic appointment tomorrow morning.  Will keep you posted.  Where you all at?

16 comments:

  1. Just got the third volume of Grantland, which has to be perhaps the most beautiful sport and popular culture literary magazine I can imagine, what with all the content otherwise free and available on the internet. Bill Simmons must have some serious pull over there at ESPN because no sensible person would ever decide to do something so nice, at least not for money.

    Where the second version had a fold-out of the original Iceman poster of Heather's namesake recreated on the inside of the dust jacket, this one has an illustration of Ed Hochuli demonstrating how to do "The Dougie."

    I presume "The Dougie" is a dance since that's what the illustrations show, but I'd need Pilcher to show me how to do it. God's honest truth I'd never even heard of it. Is the cabbage patch still something the kids do these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lut, sorry i didnt respond earlier, i was dancing. I would be happy to share some moves with you. And the kids stopped doing the cabbage patch when the bus stop came along.

    Potts - i am at ocean city, wearing my Big Peckers tank top. OK, so maybe only one of those things is true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, vacationing in the mountains this year,then. Nobody looks as good in a tank as you, Pilch. 'Cept maybe Cope.

      Delete
  3. Where i at? I wrote on friday; no response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,

      you wrote a novel in reply to me!! Great story. I can wait to see the pictures. I did learn a lot about driving in Canada though, Thanks! Oh yes love the language too, makes a magnanimus statement and I enjoy it.
      Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Honestly, I read a line, thought it was more or less for JAZ and a long history with the man has taught me you cant teach a pig to sing--it sounds bad and annoys the pig. Read another line and got something about life after death and pulled the plug. This reveals that I am A) not a good blogger B) have the patience of a 70 yr old who yell at kids to get off his grass, or someone on meth. or just coming off. Please forgive. Your post gamely fulfilled all requirements of a good one (knocking JAZ around always important). Good story too but I couldn't figure out the point of the whereabouts of the sock. Red Herring? And are SOO many Madonnas, are we talking like a virgin? Material girl? Pappa don't preach? or the peep show song--open your heart? please post pics for research purposes only.

      while we're at it, Favorite Madonna song? Holiday, clearly.

      Delete
    3. I'm going with Like A Prayer. I hated Papa Don't Preach. The crowd loved Holiday but that lyric "it would be so nice?" Lame.

      Delete
    4. The crowd? THE CROWD?? We're talking top 40 here. The crowd. "Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone". . .so poetic. KME why do you make me beg for help?

      Delete
  4. Potter, I am here at my house. Where do you think I would be? Sorry worked Saturdayh amd night. HAd to clean and do my households duties here today. Give them hell at the clinic tomorrow. Ask them when you can wear the horse or bunny mask.
    Don't go near the house keeepers when you are there.

    Union Rags No. 1, you were closer than me. Keep your dukes up kid!
    Good night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I struggle to get on a computer over the weekend...i will give you my wereabouts from this weekend...Fri night...I was in Trout Run repairing a barn roof that a recent storm peeled like a tuna can. Saturday I was wrenching on some equipment that needed repaired,(power washer fuel leak, mower deck bearing replacement, Lucas applied another coat of truck bedliner to his JD wagon) and then headed to fish camp to finish myself off with a potpourri of beverages. Sunday we installed an old pair of fire escape steps as a new means of ingress/egress in Lycoming Creek. Amazing how it can be 90 degrees out yet the water can be cold enough to scare your man parts far north of their usual position.

    I heard Madonna is going country....

    ReplyDelete
  6. for the blog participants not named CJP, you may be interested to hear that the dude masterfully crafted a suite of Belmont Stakes bets that landed us (yes, us. i was sorta the runner here and negotiated a stiff 50% equity stake) on top of a pile of cash. now, when i come blazing into boston tomorrow, we'll have to figure out where to spend our $9.20. certainly not all in one place, that's for sure.

    i'm kinda partial to borderline, and la isla bonita might sneak into my top 3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky star. No debate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come on "Crazy for You".

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're talking Madonna lyrics here people. Let's table "lame" as a judgement for when we're focusing our collective critical lens (oh how sharp the sight) on a subject with a line of defense. True Blue, comrades. A cloyingly proud from-concentrate, food coloring-added celebration of puppy love ('cepting that "I've sailed a thousand ships" line...we know you have, sweetheart) I'd sing it when my old man walks through the door if I didn't know he'd throw a shoe at my head. Tho La Isla Bonita gets points for making me feel, at 10, that if I went to Puerto Rico I'd totally fit in with the people there.

    ReplyDelete