Friday, June 15, 2012

Tony Dorsett, scoop a chocolate, scoop a vanilla.

Heisman winner, first rounder, 2 Super Bowls (tm), Hall 'o Fame.  One of the greats (Franco being another) of what I think of as the running back era.  100 yd game almost locked you a win, 1000yd season was really a feat.  Could not win w/o a ground game.  Beginning in the 70's going to, say early 90's.  This idea is likely a fiction and easily disproven, but Riggo, Thurman Thomas, Marcus Allen, Otis Anderson, Dickerson, Payton, etc.  The good ol days.  Not really throwing down the gauntlet here,  plenty of guys can still get you 4 and a cloud of dust, just waxing nostalgic.  Remember hating Dorsett, me no Cowboy fan.  Heck, now I feel like he's one of my favorites.  Also lots of other 33's out there, learned of two just last night watching—you know it—the NBA finals.  But I don't know what to say about Kareem except I loved the baby hook and Bird was really white.  And the more I think about it, even if it was entirely googled, Girv's Jim Taylor call is pretty sweet.

Clinic today.  White count up.  RBC up, PLT up.  UP UP UP.  Got first full night's sleep since coming to Boston.  Feel great, which only makes me long more for home and exercise.  PLTs get to 50k and they say they'll take the line.  Once they take the line, they'll be running short of reasons to keep me here.  I am a little worried that I've had few to no GVH issues--they say some is good.  Gonna check with the main Doc on Wed, my next appt.  Is the jersey # talk really that odious? Where is everyone?


One more from Walden.  HDT was just too cool.

16 comments:

  1. The ice cream reference made me think of milk. We take it for granted, as if it has always been part of our diet. But, ever wonder who the first guy was to think of and try milk from a cow? Probably a pretty big weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and he wasn't a leg man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must be tired from working or not getting a good night's sleep. I don't mind the Jersey references, I learn new stuff from you everyday. It is Friday so have to work, just to let you know where I am now in Tyson's Corner. I am birbrained of the GVH issues, what are they? I thought from a first glimpse that was a picture of a graveyard, and i would be seeing the horse and Bunny masked twosome coming out from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news, and I mean that in a secular way but with the joy of a believer.

    Why can't "earnesty" be a word? I regularly want to use it.

    So, Voyager 1 is in "interstellar purgatory." Can anyone here help me with that? Because I really want to write a poem but it's--challenging--to think about something one's brain can't handle.

    Bunchaquestions today I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and thanks, Sundey, for picking up the lactation thread I keep trying to start. Nice hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When people start talking sports i think of plagues and such. Too many numbers, names, words with meaning only inside that sport. Same can be said of breastfeeding, i guess. More numbers and lingo than names, but maybe that too. Is there a hall of fame?

    ReplyDelete
  7. alright, fine. One of the grandest if not THEE grandest sights of my life, that I had not even imagined until i saw it: Dr Girvin feeding our twins simultaneously. Simply marvelous. A memory that can pull me from the depths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty awesome. HG, what's your number? This could go somewhere.

      Delete
  8. Checking in on you today and was delighted to hear such positive news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not so fast GG, first outdoor sporting activity or not, did you see cj's shaft angle? come on. Lut hit it on the button. ATROCIOUS. never mind that they were dead on target and he later won the match. pffft, Lut was right to "cope" the crap out of him. yeah, you remember the iffy pull-up with only two Pic lines in his chest and the knees way too high. Whatever. The standards apply to everyone. Everyone.

    JAZ.1, I was there with my head on a swivel, convinced the horsemen/bunnymen were afoot.

    JAZ.2, speaking of scoop of choc, scoop of vanilla, dimples are to enhance the Magnus effect and translate spin into lift. Gone awry, you get slice/hook patterns; same thing going on with a curve ball. In fact, Pilch, take it from here, would ya. KME, you wanna write a poem, you should dig into the beauty of Newtonian physics right here inside the earth’s gravitational pull. For everything “out there” I consult D. Bowie.

    I guess Merril Hoge is chop liver. Not even a mention.

    tish, sore from golf? you either really hate that golf ball or eric's giving bum advice.

    Was a great visit. Had a blast and glad to see the dude getting on top of the sleep thing and out and about. Sorta figured I’d capitalize on the circumstances and chalk one up in the W column, but I’m still a little sore about our loss. Thankfully Dad bankrolled the match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn. I HAVE a Merril Hoge jersey. My favorite Steeler for years.

      Delete
    2. What number was Rich Ehrenberg?

      Delete
    3. AGGGHHHH. Rich Ehrenberg. Is that even correct spelling? Career 500yd rusher. Clutch. No Bam Morris (5 lb brick of bud found in trunk), but I think Bong Bam was a 33 too

      Delete
    4. Nate - yep. sore from golf. have to admit, eric is new-ish to the sport, so maybe a case of the blind leading the blind? and yes, i honestly may have begun to hate that little white ball after one too many misses.

      Delete
  10. Cope, you seem to have retired or morphed or jeez I don't know maybe your professing and developing the flock but you just got used as a verb. Will womyn-up and admit my envy.

    ReplyDelete