So I just go mostly blank at 37, though I can kinda see through my memory's hazy drapes a Cower-era Steeler DB with a three seven: Darren Perry, Carnell lake, Myron Bell. Somebody like that. Kudos to Cope for coming up with Nuke LaLoosh. Kudos, but truthfully, I don't know if to be impressed or creeped out. I mean, THAT is obscure. But he did quote Whitman, if only to get in the sack. Perhaps one of the better reasons for quoting Whitman. Maybe the jersey # game has lived out it's usefulness. I'll let you tell me. I know that from here to 50 I'm gonna be pressed.
Pop left this AM, and already I miss his company. Aunt and Uncle due in this afternoon to takeover caregiving detail. Appointment tomorrow. Let you know.
Urge and urge and urge
Always the procreant urge of the world
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
12
(108)
-
▼
Jun
(28)
- 48 It's not true what they say
- 45, 46, 47
- Enough (44)
- Polamalu
- 42 (have i mentioned any steeler DB's?)
- 40, 41
- 39
- 38 (Unknown Steeler Tim Worley)
- The Twelfth Prime Number
- 37, changing of the guard
- Thirty-Six
- 35
- Leopold Bloom
- Tony Dorsett, scoop a chocolate, scoop a vanilla.
- FRANCO, of course
- Donnie Shell
- Terrell Davis
- Eric Dickerson (right?)
- Marshall Faulk
- Twenty-six, seven
- 25
- 24
- What rhymes with 23?
- Catch 22
- 21
- HEY, NINETEEN (and 20, for tech difficulties last ...
- EIGHTEEN. I once had a girl (or should I say she ...
- SEVENTEEN
-
▼
Jun
(28)

#37 - Doak Walker, Casey Stengel, I'm partial to Lester Hayes..
ReplyDelete#38 - Curt Schilling...bloody sock.
Gotta go with Lester Hayes, with tons of stickum all over himself
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteHey now! did JimmyZ hack your account, Naughton?
DeleteSorry, it's been a long day already, that one slipped right through the filter...
DeleteEwww.
ReplyDeleteDidn't Nuke throw a 2-hit shutout and shake off Crash? Next pitch hit the bull for a free steak.
ReplyDeleteDo you really want to be in Cope's crowd?
DeleteUm, fellas? I'm all for elephants, etc., but could we go back to talking about literature?
ReplyDeleteI thought we were talking about sports, but yes, lets talk about literature. I like the word procreant.
DeleteAnd i liked it when Lut wrote: huge hairy animal. And Potter ' s flaming bus. Reminded me, come fall, i could be back teaching the yellow buses
DeleteLut is a not very hairy animal. Do the busses listen? Thought you and M were coming by today??
DeleteJust wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts. This is such a nice way to keep track of your progress. Give my regards to Chuck and Hallie.
ReplyDeleteGG
WHitman knew his words, fo sho. LIT: i ask again, what's everyone reading or not? Just cherry picked my way through Hitchens' essays. on to stories by Alan Heathcock: VOLT, good to very good through three. Gonna say i've read ulysses, the good parts anyway. NOT reading THREE TALES, Flaubert. Dont know if anyone experiences this, but sometimes his TOO good. Like going from putt-putt to the PGA. The book is currently snickering at me from the shelf.
ReplyDeleteGG, nevermind the foulmouthed hooligans. they gotta get some more you know whats. Glad your in the crew.
Ok, well, let's see. I read Salvage the Bones, which I quite enjoyed. And before that I read the Art of Fielding, which the critics enjoyed more than I did. Next up? This week's New Yorker.
DeleteFirst day of summer-Weather alert today for Boston even: HOT HOT HOT! Keep Cool Potter and stay hydrated. Drink water. I have to keep it simple, even in this crowd. You know there is not too much stimulating lore in building a railroad, and can't wait to show you when you come here, but there is definitely interesting culture abound. It is mostly labor, transude, and steel. Stay cool and keep hanging.
ReplyDeleteHa! Our first post retraction.
ReplyDeleteSecond...Once again...sorry. PG from now on.
DeleteI am going to apologize now for the profanity I've used as well as the profanity I will use. I wasn't raised well.
DeletePotter, sorry about Tuesday. Thought your dad was still in town.