An initially glorious return got a little dicey, a challenging transition. Think of moving from an isolation cell to a dorm floor. Plus was feeling off, tired, out of sorts. Luckily I love my roommates. And brother do I sleep up in this joint. Easy, soundless, extended. And my three alarm clocks sound like angels singing (loudly). Yesterday and today have felt better and better. I have live chess opponents: W's game could use a little polish. Ags and Ads now know how to set the board and are learning piece movements. Started me some Dostoevsky (Brothers). He makes a lot more sense to me than Tolstoy. Don't feel like I moved anymore, feel like I'm home. You can come home again.
Talk to me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
12
(108)
-
▼
Jun
(28)
- 48 It's not true what they say
- 45, 46, 47
- Enough (44)
- Polamalu
- 42 (have i mentioned any steeler DB's?)
- 40, 41
- 39
- 38 (Unknown Steeler Tim Worley)
- The Twelfth Prime Number
- 37, changing of the guard
- Thirty-Six
- 35
- Leopold Bloom
- Tony Dorsett, scoop a chocolate, scoop a vanilla.
- FRANCO, of course
- Donnie Shell
- Terrell Davis
- Eric Dickerson (right?)
- Marshall Faulk
- Twenty-six, seven
- 25
- 24
- What rhymes with 23?
- Catch 22
- 21
- HEY, NINETEEN (and 20, for tech difficulties last ...
- EIGHTEEN. I once had a girl (or should I say she ...
- SEVENTEEN
-
▼
Jun
(28)
Glad you are home and got some good sleep. You can figure out the transition details I am sure, it should be very easy and hope each day is better and better. I first read it that W's game needed some Polish,(which made me think I can help I am Polish), and I couldn't quite understand that, but then realized it was just some polish. I could probably use a little of that too.
ReplyDeleteThought abotu you today while I was doing work around the house here, a little clean up form the storm, so hope you faired well there. Keep plugging away at getting better and take care of you and eveyone there!!
who you kidding? you havent cleaned up from the Super Bowl (tm)
ReplyDeleteHappy to know you are back here among us in Lancaster County. I know Heather and the fabulous Potter kids must be ecstatic. Keep plugging, Potts!
ReplyDeleteas you know, i don't play chess, shoot beer cans off the back fence, watch football, or wrestle, and i'm getting to be older than dirt, but i can talk about dostoevsky and bring you some music. let me know if you want a visit. it requires me to chant over the beater for a day or two before the trip. jb
ReplyDeleteFunny...I use books for a gun rest to shoot beer cans off the fence before football games.
ReplyDeleteJAZ...did you get all the 2010 coupons off your dining room table to make room for the 2011? or is that where you keep your warm beer now?
CJ...Loving the stories from home...keep 'em coming.
48 - Daryl "Moose" Johnson
49 - Ron Guidry
50 - Mike Singletary