Thursday, May 17, 2012

TWO

Not to put too fine a point on it, above is graphic representation of what the poison does.  Top number, the one falling like a drunk on roller skates is my white count.  Yesterday I dipped below 0.  Infection fighting ability officially in the tank, but more importantly so is ability to resist foreign (Kraut) cells.

Second number, holding more or less steady, is RBC.  It's kinda a pleasant puzzle to them.  Im taking it as evidence that strong people are harder to kill.

Number below that (not pictured) is platelettes. Things that make your blood clot.  I came in north of 70k.  Today im at 14.  For all you keeping box score at home.

I am making good friends with Lorazepam (Ativan tm).  They say it's for anxiety, which I greatly bristled at to begin.  Now, call me anxious, call me a worry wort, call me a fine china tea cup.  Just gimme the shot.  Ahh, that's better.  Try some it's fun.  What I'd really like to see is a certain southerner on Ativan.  Hell, my guess is he'd curl up and go sleepy-bye with a statue of Sherman.  (William Tecumseh, don't you know).

Go ahead and gross me out now, betcha' can't do it.

The South is not going to do it again.  They never really stopped.

13 comments:

  1. So, when you offer to let me try Ativan, just how serious are you? Because I could probably figure out a way to clear my schedule for a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the numbers are in cheek. Keep the bases loaded and swinging for the fence. I don't want to attempt anything gross here to offend you. I am wanting to take your bet but You know my high standards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, there it is. nice to finally understand a portion of the conversation. This blog is a bit like church used to be for me. A heap of talk, I really didn’t comprehend, and every so often, some smack talk about this “bad guy,” which, I usually took to mean, Me. Remember, I only went to community college.

    Down here, and occasionally in Arlington, we refer to “strong people that are hard to kill” as muttdogs. Congrats.

    As for the Ativan. If you score me some, I will get a tattoo of WTS. Does it mix well with gin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a wealth of atavan but I'm not selling. If it's that good, I'll dip into it myself, though I've not done so thus far, in so much as it was prescribed for my daughter. She liked it pretty well. Lots of babbling, pointing, drooling, flinging of toys, and attempts to engage the opposite sex (at ten months). Who's in?

    Oh, and I saw a drunk on roller skates, once. Straight into an intersection in Virgina Beach. Drunk one way, roller skate the other. My Dad raced after him; my mom calling "Tom, Stop--" and secretly I was glad he went. Only road trip we didn't turn around halfway there due to my brother and I fighting. And, for the record, he WAS on my side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I wrote: Virgina. That's embarrassing. V-i-r-g-i-n-i-a. Didn't work as a copyeditor for nu-thin

    ReplyDelete
  6. JimmyZ and standards of comportment. . . best joke of the blog that only a few of us get (thankfully)

    If you HAVE Ativan and are not trying it, well that's like having unopened Rye in the house.

    I have trouble spelling vagyna all the time.

    Oh, and by the way, anyone notice how COPE stormed right over the F-bomb line with no compunction whatsoever. Beating jimmy to what everyone thought would be his nadir. moms and dads and Aunts and uncles and lily eared cousins on this blog, cope, PLEASE. I know I was the life of your wedding reception party, but arent we even yet? Sheesh.

    the way i heard it, the bunny was desperate for some eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i miss the old blog. you know, before, when you could trot out horse/bunny stories with dionysian imagery with or without a moral, drop f-bombs & spray commas with reckless abandon. yeah, who cares who's lurking, if they can't handle it...tough t's. oh, and all that culinary and placentae talk; man that was awesome. whew, those were the days. well, that's all behind us now. thankfully we have the high standards* of JAZ to keep us in cheek.

    *the sort of high level standards that keep one in a pair of threadbare foot stockings, say, oh, 7 months past their serviceable condition**.

    **i meant wearing socks with friggin' holes in 'em

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skill Crane, Cope, Skill Crane. Wouldn't have happened if your lodgings didnt try to rip the troika off.

    Nate's probably right, might be time for "Remember the time Zimmy. . . (fill in fav or least fav anecdote)"

    get you started with an easy one: RTTJ was so short the only way he could turn off the light in the basement was by standing on a three foot stack of playboys.

    remember the time Jimmy showed up 2hours late for a road trip to Sturgis, wearing chaps, packing a loaded .38 and a pint of Beam. ANd all we could wonder was, why so little booze?

    you see how it works. jump in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And his response to "why are you carrying a gun?" wait for it...."In case something goes down!" Didn't we spend another hour in my living room refusing to leave until he surrendered his weapon?

      Also, I think you should throw out a simple thank you to JAZ for his offer to not attempt anything gross, as I am quite confindent he is the top seed in ability to offend.

      Had another flashback regarding your drunk on roller skates comment...Around the world party at your frat..."Is my face turning purple..."

      Delete
  9. All this talk of firearms is making me feel like I haven't lived.

    ReplyDelete
  10. not with firearms anyway

    ReplyDelete
  11. You like having that gray circle-pencil next to your name huh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, if , say, one was already corrupt.

    ReplyDelete