Sunday, May 13, 2012

penultimate (T-2)



more dope on ATGAM, the anti-rejection trial juice:  Anti-thymocyte globulin.  Three varieties from different cell sources:  equine, rabbit (cuniculine??) and synthetic.  I have (if i have) the synthetic.  The animal versions are in somewhat wide use in organ transplants in the US but they are highly variable by batch as they come from different horsies and bunnies.  The synthetic version is more standardized, reliable etc.  And no one likes killing horses, except the NTRA and Hollywood.  Rabbits are good and proper in paella.  I don't know and probably won't know if I got the ATGM or sugar water (blind study).  But my hunch is I did because of some side effects, hot flashes and whatnot.  Then again those could be pyschosomatic.  Who knows.   Itching seems to have resolved itself over (sleepless) night.   Yesterday was antepenultimate and before that preantepenultimate, if you're into that kinda thing and if you are you already knew it.  Trying to fight off the shack whacky.

Stop thinking and solve all your problems.

In other news:  Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead

pax

11 comments:

  1. I havent thought since high school. No problem.
    The silence on this blog is deafening today. Come on people, ya gotta give me more than Potter's random musings to read. Post something, anything. C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it. (Little Potter pressure for you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wouldn't say random, exactly and the muses have broken things off with me. an edifying miscellany perhaps. You set the bar too high and people are scared to jump. Finished Caro's 4th on LBJ today. if you have a 600p hole in your heart, it makes good fill. fascinating stuff.

    Pilch's right, more comments, freeloaders. do i have to open the floor to questions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct, not random. The word miscellaneous came to mind while i was writing that, but for some reason it didnt stick. Would have been a better choice, maybe the spelling scared me off.
      Coincidentally i am half way through an article about Caro. Not quite 600 pages. It claims that he always has 2paragraphs that tell the stlry of each book. I am hoping to just read those.

      Delete
  3. The Horse and the Rabbit

    A horse and a rabbit are playing in a meadow. The horse falls into a mud hole and is sinking. He calls to the rabbit to go and get the Farmer to help pull him to safety. The rabbit runs to the farm but the Farmer is nowhere to be found. The rabbit then drives the Farmer's Mercedes back to the mud hole and ties some rope around the bumper and then throws the other end to the horse, and saves him from sinking.

    A few days later, the rabbit and the horse are playing in the meadow again, and the rabbit falls into the mud hole. The rabbit yelled to the horse to get some help from the farmer. The horse said "I think I can stand over the hole." So he stretched over the width of the hole and said, "Grab my 'thingy' and pull yourself up" and the rabbit did and pulled himself to safety.

    Moral??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the moral is that if you're a horse that is sinking in a mud hole you can stand over, you should go ahead and sink while you think about your junk? Did I get that right?

    I'm thinking that the Mercedes was a red herring in the fable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scared off...thought you knew me better than that. getting letters form Ann Coolidge asking me not to tell her daughter...that scares me. I was at the farm this weekend fixing the driveway...bakchoe, tractor, dump truck, stone, pipe, Lancaster, Keystone Light, Jim Beam, Alleve, Gatorade. No cell service much less internet.

    To answer your question about the limit on chickens, I am unfortunately unable to help because I only really pay attention to the unique game laws that apply to my unique game management area which are clearly posted somewhere as "All you can eat".

    I did kill another porcupine Friday morning at 1am that was chewing on my woodshed...in the high teens now for the season. Big adult female full of quilss that now sleeps with the fishes in Lycoming Creek.

    I did burn papers last night with the aid of about a pint of gasoline...no ammo...too expensive to waste.

    Farts....Naughton

    ReplyDelete
  6. At $3.85/gal gas, them is some sensitive/incriminating documents. A map where the bodies are buried, plans for nuke 4x4, pictures of JimmyZ and Ricky Rudd IN FLAGRANTE DILECTO.

    Rabbits might scream but horses cant talk.

    I'll know open the floor for questions.

    the answer is no comment

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Jimmy actually gave Chrissie one of those pictures at your wedding. So if you burn yours by accident Naughton, I'm sure Chrissie still has another you can use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A horse is an opportunist and will try to sneak a paw job off a captive audience?

    ReplyDelete
  9. re: that photo, don't worry, I untied them soon afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photo reminded me of Donnie Darko. Still reading Caro?

    ReplyDelete