Saturday, May 12, 2012

T-3 (2...1...go)

. . .And now for something we hope you really like.  Anvil meets hammer.  Cytoxan started around 5 am.  Around 10, began T-cell killing drug trial.  Supposed to help with graft/host disease.  It's not really a trial in the experimental sense because this drug happens to be the way most other countries do it with much success.  It does not, however, have FDA approval.  My Dr. (one Im not married to) is the national PI for bringing that about.  Even though his interest is technically conflicted his council was to try it and my decision was clear-eyed, much as they ever can be.  There's a good bit of upside and the only downside is sometimes you don't get the upside.  A bet with house money.  Anywho, throw in some horse doses of  Benedryl , anti-biotics, steroids and that'll give you some picture.  Regular drugstore cowboy, I.  I'm not gonna talk about the itching.  Not gonna talk about it.  The itching.  Not.  Okay: if Lut wasn't here, today  mighta been a tall (itchy) hill to climb.  As it was, he being present, flew by way too fast.  Maybe we ought have a contest who can log the most days in Boston by the 4th of July.  A contest for second place, obviously.  Lut is up one on the field.  (Actually he's not.  That's an intentional slight to see if I can goad someone into posting to comments.  Now that's the famous Potter pressure.  Shoulda gotten into car or drug sales. Don't think I coulda handled all the respectability, though)

Now watch me pull a rabbit outta my ass.  Hat.  I mean hat.

Hat.
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. The successful completion of my 'profile' (now I'm enjoying myself) flipped a switch of sorts: I needed to be the first to comment. Calling in the west coast advantage while you suckers sleep. So my online research into cytoxan says you should ask your doctor to "explain any part you do not understand."

    Be sure and get back to us, hear?

    ps, any part you do not understand will be explained with explanations you do not understand. Your chiasmus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she said smokin' peep. Toasted marshmallow?

      Delete
  2. Hey, FDA put a lot of time and effort into making sure that drug label explains everything very clearly, or explains who you can ask to explain everything very clearly. The europeans are clearly at a distinct disadvantage.
    Asshat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know how to tell I am participating in a blog by CJP and company? My favorites bar on my PC goes like this….(CJP blog)(dictionary.com)(thesaurus.com)(Wikipedia) thanks for constantly reminding me I got a whopping 500 on the verbal part of my SAT. I did make up some ground on the numbers part though, which might be why I did dabble in car and drug sales at one point. the drugs were the non FDA approved type.

    I would come to boston some, but I don’t know if I can get there from here. I might have to go somewhere else to start. Is that in Maryland (pronounced “murrrr lan”) or something? Nathan will explain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not FDA approved? I think there might be a Pulitzer in this somewhere. On a separate note, never trust a Reiki healer who tires of the Colorado skies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MikeD back from the dead (sadly, could not bring MCA with him, RIP) Michael Diamond y'all, the kid who taught us to write, known by some, admired by all. Who's your Tebow now MikeD

    ReplyDelete