Tuesday, May 29, 2012

FOURTEEN

First official not-simply-miserable-miserable day.  Still some hallucinations.  This morning for example I thought i was in a restaurant done up to look like a saloon.  I say again I havent left these four walls in a number of weeks. My mind must want out badly.  Still fair amount of mouth and throat pain.  Edema, Shreck feet.  Three or four kinds of rashes.  And I have the world's fatigue market cornered.  Still, not miserable.

Counts are up— White .9   RBC: 23.6 (plus a bag)  Plt: 21

a team of docs comes int to see me every morning.  They always say, "you look great!"  I always laugh and it gets more or less awkward from there.  Keep up the good work, kids.

12 comments:

  1. I was updating Carolyn on your status and told her about the saloon. She said"now he is just making shit up, because he is Potter." She has been asking about you so i was glad to be able to tell her your day was not completely miserable miserable. Everything is relative.

    A little while after that i was taking the trash out when a big toad hopped across the driveway in front of me. I grabbed it and gave it a few big licks, so I should be joining you in that saloon shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have thought on day 14 you were going to the saloonn to thrown down some whiskey. Glad today is less miserable.

    Sounds like you need stronger Magic Mouthwash for that mouth and throat pain. Ask them if they have aN adult strength version you can try.

    I hope you give them a differnet reaction tomorrow when they tell you look great. I am sure you do, but you and awkward should not be in the same sentence. Rest up. Good night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, your news made my day ... and so did that cartoon. Hope it's better tomorrow. - Elisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Offer stands. Come see potter: i will cook for you and paint your toes. Boston awaits ..

      Delete
  4. I'm pretty sure Rex (4 mo.) just said "L'Chaim!" I'm guessing it was in response to that white cell count and news of a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think you were going to take the whole "room is your brain" thing so literally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like just yesterday we were at T- ....something. I'm sure you will not agree. I'm going to shoot a little update to your fans in this neck of the woods. Anything other than the hallucinations, rashes, cut knee, dragon breath and exhaustion you want me to pass along?

    Keep bangin'....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those are called "cankles" but I'm not sure why....

      Delete
    2. Calves enmeshed in ankles equals cankles. Still want to keep a "the" before your name, smarty pants?

      Delete
    3. a) Good to know, thanks.
      b) I didn't realize that knowing the origin of slang terms was a requirement for being smart
      c) Regardless, I am not smart
      d) The "the" is there to stay

      Delete
  7. Just lie there naked tomorrow morning. See if they still say "you look great." If that doesn't work, I have some other ideas.

    ReplyDelete