Wednesday, May 16, 2012

ONE

They actually asked me if I wanted the bag as a souvenir.  Ew.  Thanks but I'm good.  Just the contents please.  Doc tells me I have about three days until I REALLY start feeling bad, which is a tad on the hard-to-imagine side, but I'm somehow grateful to be on the lookout.  I gather that, cellularly, things are a bit beyond where they are, er, symptomatically.  Symptom train still due on the track.  ONE ABOARD, says the conductor.  At least it wont be hard to find a seat.

So you guys dont want to borrow my bunny and pony masks?  Fun at (kids) parties.

Keep it player, y'all

21 comments:

  1. The masks would be even more fun at grown up parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a toast by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met this guy whose kid had a wilms tumor. Kind of aggressive, in the way some people get around cancer. Voice too loud as he cut a finger across his midline, demo of the surgery. Down one kidney and some other vital stuff, but alive. Kept the hospital bracelet from his son's initial admission. Somethings not meant to be souvenirs. Tho, i still wish i had kept the placenta from miranys birth. Kidding. All male commenters so what the hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH, you just edged me. Now below will look even sillier than I intended. Placenta? Oh no you didn't just say that. Oh god. Good thing i have a bed pan. Horse and bunny actually pretty funny now.

      Sarah Heneghan can drink brown liquor and hang with the fellas.

      Delete
  4. Thanks CIP. Notice that on your birthday everybody's calling you, saying charming things. Lining up to shake hands if only electronically. Day after? Huh. Fake Jimmy and a guy I didn't even go to college with. Yeah. I get it. Well happy day after to all yall too. Hummph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KME, also a Womyn. That you couldn't tell tells you what you need to know about her wit(s)

    Cope sometimes called a girl, but only in fun.

    Pilcher, b-i-t-c-h

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beeyatch? Which brown liquor? Macallum my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just glad that I don't feel so alone anymore for saving the afterbirth of both my children. I'm kind of a pack rat but until now I thought I was the only one whose freezer was, well, shall I say, "off limits."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lut, I am now both wary and envious. I let her take my placenta away (in a pink plastic tub) because I must have missed the particular women's studies class in which we learned what to do with it (I did attend the session on Reiki, thanks.) Have since learned you eat i--oopsie one of us is currently on some profoundly gutfucking drugs, let me not finish that statement in respect for the newly-born and (apparently) attention-starved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ew. I'm supposed to eat it?

    That reminds me of a joke:

    A woman walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a double entendre and so he gives it to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've heard that joke before, but for some reason it seems funnier this time.

      Placenta-fry it up or bury it in the backyard by the birthing pole. All comes down to personal prefence.

      Delete
  10. So ours went….

    4 eggs, chorizo, placenta, pepper and onion-med dice, salt, pepper, dash of cinnamon, cilantro. Don’t overcook the eggs in this. Actually, don’t overcook the eggs in anything.

    Might be customary in some cultures, but it is delicious in all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HEY NOW. That's more like it. Seriously, Eating it? Not fair. Not fair at all. Smell of something as innocuous as peppermint basically gags me and you go eating it. Leave it to the grrrls. Way grosser. Way. CIP brings new meaning to Low Country food.

    it might be a while before next post. I have to check the permissions page.

    Any Preakness bettors in the house? The horse is morning line fav, the bunny always wins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why does the movie Braveheart pop into my head when I read some of these posts? Is it because the talk of eating placentas reminds me of the gore in the movie or is it that CJ reminds me of William Wallis and the rest of us remind me of Dave from Ireland who admittted ..."I'm not right in the head"

    BTW I do have pics of the placenta's from both of my kids if anyone would like to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you tell them apart?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The oldest was in a round stainless steel bowl and the younger was in a square stainless bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Impressive, very impressive

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey when did this turn into. . .forget it. I quit. taking my blog and going to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry man...having trouble focusing lately...

      Delete
  17. That's cold Cope. Poor bunnies.

    ReplyDelete