Friday, May 18, 2012

THREE (The Song of Wandering Aengus)

Got lots of reasons to get home.  This is one.  Uh, two.  Three actually.

Visits from Richard McCready, Sarah Heneghan and Nate these days.  Lots of people vying for the title.
Leaderboard goes:  HLG, Nate, M&D, Lut, McCready, Heneghan.  You gotta want it.

18 comments:

  1. Well, glad to see you still have your memory of trivial things from decades ago. I hope there is healing power from the anecdotes you solicit in your RTTJ trivia. Freedom of speech, Second Amendment, beer, whiskey, coffee, motorcycles, McDonald's, rain, snow, and sun. God Bless the United States of America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fucking blue bird hallway. Traversed it twice--going and trying to find my way out. Why not elephants? Flying elephants. How about dogs? Big fluffy ones. Every one likes dogs. Fucking creepy, is what it was. Hang in there, Potter. Don't let the itching aching wrongness get to you. Home is just around the corner, down blue bird way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little embarrassed joining this blog, but a friend's in need, so we all do our part. A little embarrassed because the smarminess is rather nerdy, but mostly I'm embarrassed because I don't get any of the jokes...or the riddles...or the fables....or find the picture of the shirtless dudes wearing masks weird, but I'll try my best to fit in.

    Hazy memories from your wedding Cope. No recollection of the skill crane. What I do remember from that night is striking out with some bridesmaid. I was banging on her door at 2 am yelling "I gave you two stuffed animals"...wait a second, I do remember the skill crane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still like my chances.

    It's going to take me about two weeks to carve that rabbit mask from the chunk of soapstone I hauled home. Then I'll be there. By then I might be less amused by the on-line reviews of The Rick, award winning girls hockey coach, whose two principal qualities (according to his students) seem to be 1) he is a hardass about homework and 2) he is totally hot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Bluebird" is what the reception gals call the waiting area for my boy's pediatrician, ostensibly to pull the wool over the heads of less adroit infants than RME. I hate to be the one to tell you this kiddo, but you're in the hospital.

    I've got a college friend in Boston--any points for a proxy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those masks are made of wool aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hair brushing gave the girls's recitation a meditative dimension to make Yeats proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. if huntly gallaher shows up i might be healed simply by touching his raiment. But cope makes a good point probably ought to curve the grading a bit. Say 2 days/state away. Doesn't change the standings. Yet.

    masks ARE wool, models are latex.

    Sigh. it IS the hospital. Nurse Kerri today had simply the best/worst Bahstin accent EVER. Such a delight. I asked her how many City nurses there are. She said, what's an R?

    No takers on the Yates, huh? I know what you mean. sorta leaves you speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you miss my comment due to my respectfully accurate spelling of the master's name?

    ReplyDelete
  10. no, you just beat me to it. including proper orthography. YEATS. I know that because in my 20s i pronounced it yeets. Im ashamed and scolded and on adult doses of Ativan and Ambien. no excuse, but if you were kind enough to interpret it such. I'd be grateful. IF this aint smarmy and nerdy as all get out. despite it all i will have the courage of my convictions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Listen, my kids go to a Waldorf school so we've got plenty of skilled labor to make shit out of wool. But I'm a little embarrassed because at my college they didn't teach poetry in the English program. I'm just an unfinished man and that pain brings me face to face with my own clumsiness. Stupid Dickinson College.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. I didn't mean to get all into my self and soul. This is your blog CJP, after all.

      Delete
  12. I spelled the guys name wrong, under heavy sedation Barely knew my own. But my little ones know now fewer than three of his cold. Somehow they've gotta cancel. Can only imagine the amount of multi-colored eye-rolling this thread is inducing from The Rick. Appropriately so. If Mr McCready is hot, there must be hope for us all. A theory I intend to test upon return. Get ready Dr Girvin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jest yankin yer chain. Today I wish I still lived in NY. You have the strength of Atlas, and your progeny are daylight on fishskin in skim waters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DUDE, I know. (this is actually YOUR first blog gaff: NO apologies (requested or given)) Just shows how chemo does give you sensitive skin. And i was a tad embarrassed. Nice nice simile. wait, metaphor. SEE? the drugs! (plus i wanted to acknowledge The Rick's correctness without saying as much.)

      Delete
  14. 'k. Tho I admit I stopped worrying after I saw your wife had implored you to man up.

    RexStar and I spent the am with Yeats after yourall's reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I flew in from Seattle for a visit, would I rise to the top of the rankings? Thanks for sharing that video of your girls, Potter. I AM speechless. I'd love to meet them all. Rooting for you from the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you absolutely would, Murray. Dumb luck i checked back. glad i did. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete