Saturday, May 19, 2012

QUATRO

Lost my hair today. Actually i know right where it is, but it's no longer attached to my scalp.  Fourth or fifth time by now I guess.  Getting pretty good at it.  Nate sneaked a razor in for me.  Risky business shaving with 16k platelettes.  Not really, (if you can't shave w/o cutting yourself by now, just go home) but its not the sort of thing health care pros encourage.  Felt a little bit like sneaking applejack from Phil Naughton's Liquor cabinet.  Gosh but that was one watery fifth of brandy when we were done with it.

God made a few good heads, the rest he covered with hair.  I sorta look like Sinead O'Conner.  So I tore up a picture of the pope.  Still have a couple pull ups.  Im hanging from a body crane  good to 250 Kilos.  Only problem is it slides left/right  up/back.  It'd kill your Fran time, but it's good training.  This too, of course one must do surreptitiously.  The coast is clear.  Break some rules.  Whoso be a man must be a nonconformist.

Get comfortable being uncomfortable.

9 comments:

  1. What a picture. I used to be able to do a pull up, but then I got married, had kids, and let myself go. Actually, that's not all true, I never was able to do a pull up. I have let myself go. Thank goodness the internet says I am hot. Impressive pull up indeed.

    A few responses to yesterday's chatter :

    -Cope: please just visit of you want to help a friend. I'm sure Potter doesn't want you to come just to get on a leaderboard.

    -Lex: the saddest part of my unimpressive, albeit amusing, internet bio is that it isn't even applicable anymore. My hockey team has won very few games the last few years. And, when my students see a gray-haired man walking with a cane, the only time they use the word "hot" is to describe my armpits.

    -I still refer to him as Yeets. If he wanted to be called Yates, he should have spelled it that way. That's just how I do it. You should see me order Italian food.

    If anyone is coming to visit and needs a place to stay, my house is open. Besides the three loud kids and a gaseous wife, it is really quite comfortable.

    In the above paragraph, "wife" is a euphemism for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i mean, just wow. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite sure what to say here. Except ... maybe you should consider wigs. Lots of room for "role play"....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank god, I was getting so sick of please be the fireman please be the fireman. Ugh. Bald handsome stranger?

      Delete
    2. Hmmmm. Fireman? Ok. I was getting tired of please be nathan, please be nathan. No costume, just a bunch of quippy quips.

      Delete
  4. The possibilities, my friend, are endless. What about man in a trench coat with a comb over? Just saying. Some girls dig that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A razor, shaving, risky, what were you thinking? I know you don't want me to stay home. Was there a beauty pageant at the opposite end of Blue Bird hallway you were prepping for?

    One pull up is fabulous! QUite impressive. Comfortable being uncomfortable is in the mind, not the body. Keep your mind strong! Like me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strong is strong. Nice going. Nice dome too.

    ReplyDelete