More of the same, some more of that and then some redundancy scattered about. To mix things up I watched the woman from housekeeping mop the floor. I said good-bye, nodded acknowledgement that the floor was now slippery, put my slippers on and very aggressively did an impression of an ungulate on a frozen pond. Finale: bashing my knee open, filling PJ pant leg with platelet-skim blood. Had to explain myself to no fewer than 6 separate stethoscopes. Good news is no more fever. Save the one Dr Girvin gives me sans stethoscope (unless playing doctor.)
Moral of the story: dont own slippers, do own stethoscopes.
We got each other and that's a lot for love—we'll give it a shot. Post other excellent JBJ lines to comments.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
12
(108)
-
▼
May
(25)
- SWEET 16
- FIFTEEN
- FOURTEEN
- Thirteen
- All turnedout in my turn out gear and I have drive...
- ten
- turnmeon deadmen turnmeon deadmen trurnmeon
- Snowman
- seven
- VI
- 5ive
- QUATRO
- THREE (The Song of Wandering Aengus)
- TWO
- ONE
- The Ides of May
- MINUS ONE
- penultimate (T-2)
- T-3 (2...1...go)
- T-4 (metallurgy)
- T-5
- T-6
- T-7
- The big rock candy mountain
- Here is the Potter transplant blog. If you're rea...
-
▼
May
(25)

Now I don’t feel so bad for being the only dumbass in the group this morning. After a few rounds of 90lb dumbbell farmer carries, I decided to move the barbell from the rack, in order to make room for some pull ups. I seriously underestimated how little I could rely on my forearms at this point. No biggie. Turns out, I can now catch a 45lb bar with just my two big toes, well, and with a little help from the knuckle directly behind the big toe. No breaks, no blood, just some pretty shades of purple. You know, just like the feet on the 318lb lady, with stage 7 diabetes, hoover-round-bound, cruising the frozen pizza isle in the wal-mart. That color. PaPa always said “if you gone be light on brains, needs to be heavy on muscles.”
ReplyDeleteAnyway. My JBJ goes….
There's a whiskey bottle empty sittin' on the bar. Billy get your guns
So the cure for boredom was imitating Brian Boitano? You have three internet sources at your fingertips, nothing else you could think of to pass the time? I've heard if a few websites if that will help.
ReplyDeleteWe've only just begun. . .to scratch the surface of my embarrassment. They kept asking me about the rash on my face.. . i was blushing
DeleteOr were you sneaking a nip of Rum?
DeleteI sang dead or alive at a middle school talent show with several students, now college bound. They rode faux horses across the stage. No, im serious. Im a coyboy, on this steel horse i ride...
ReplyDeleteextra credit for the vid.
DeleteWill try to locate: Also this: My daughter met a new friend today. She tried putting a saucer on Mirany's head; she dissented (wonderful use of semi-colon). Tried again, Mirany shoved her. Counter-smash to the face with the saucer. Later, with rules of dominance established, they shared Goldfish. Fight, always fight. "It's all the same, only the names have changed..."
ReplyDeletelove me a grrl fight. thanks for sharing. However, even narcotized as I are, you might reconthink the semicolon.
DeleteBon jovi loves him some semi colon
ReplyDeleteNEED WE SAY MORE!
DeleteTranscending any virtue I can name, I give you:
ReplyDelete(since you're all #@$%ed up, Potter, this might actually make sense to you)
Misery likes company
I like the way that sounds
I've been trying to find the meaning
So I can write it down
Starin' out the window
It's such a long way down
I'd like to jump
But I'm afraid to hit the ground
I can't write a love song the way I feel today
And I can't sing no song of hope, I got nothing to say
Life is feeling kind of strange, since you went away
I sing this song to you, wherever you are
As my guitar lies bleeding in my arms
WOW. Im speechless (as are, apparently, others.) I love it thanks. and i know just what it means. I think i should just turn this over to you now that everyone has looked behind the curtain and discovered the wizard is a small bald man.
Deleteps it seems really lame to be calling out cats when john mayer is still out in the world recording and distributing music
ReplyDeletebig cats, Yes. Make Meyer a meal for them. Small cats, meh. Make them a meal for catfish.
ReplyDeleteNice work on the knee....jackass!
ReplyDeleteI picture it in slow motion with background music.....
"Cause I'm going down in a blaze of glory..."
wow, so the bar;s been set considerably lower than previously thought. a John B. J. cut/paste is all it takes to render the dilaudid-ed one speechless?
ReplyDeleteKelly, I can't; in good conscience stand opposed to the j. mayer beef, and the cat thing was an easy pile-on. i'm lazy like that.
CJ, sorry to hear about the knee. Pics? all in favor..."you gotta raise your hands!"
hand raised
Deleteyes, i was hoping i'd at least get your vote
DeleteLock of the week
DeleteKinda wishing I was there to poke it and ask him if it hurts...
DeleteI'm gonna be a girl here and say I do not want photos of the injury.
Deletere:the cut and paste, I liked each line better than the last, and then I liked the movement of the whole (into the outer reaches of frostedhairspraybrain) even better than the parts. If SeePotts was too easily impressed, let that balance one of his hardass moments (rare I'm sure).
My hands been raised since the Ativan offer.
ReplyDeleteSay what you need to say
ReplyDeleteSay what you need to say
Say what you need to say
Say what you need to say
I think he already did.
Now, are all kissing each other's asses? Post the pics. Cats don't suck; they just are. Angry little beasts, but they know who they need. Whose CIP? I've got Ativan, and happen to be out of work since December. Let's discuss.
yeah, Tochis smoocching must stop under threat of expulsion. The threat if someting gross is usually sound and fun, gross is just gross.
DeletePotter Keep away from the houseKeepers.
ReplyDelete"I ain't got a fever got a permanent disease
It'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy
I got lots of money but it isn't what I need.....
I don't need no needle
To be giving me a thrill
And I don't need no anesthesia
Or a nurse to bring a pill(maybe some Ativan)
Shake it up, just like bad medicine"...OR is it Magic Mouthwash??????
pssst. i think jimmy's hitting on you.
ReplyDeleteUh, calling out JAZ for a mucked up forgery. Don't know much about the Bon Jon, but I'll place my bet he does NOT possess the skills of improvisating.*
ReplyDeleteFear is the beginning of wisdom people; CJP and General Sherman have preceeded us in glaring down that black alley.**
*note improvisational word form
**note semicolon
Exhibit Final:
ReplyDeleteWhenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off-then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can.
I like cats
ReplyDeleteit's "fear of the Lord..."
ReplyDeletedoes a "call out" (new term to me) just mean poking fun? if not i'm confused.
31 comments today, alright.
i'm actually feeling a touch grim in the mouth, thankfully will be at sea on fri. taking sea bass orders now!
Right, yeah, I amended it because I don't believe in god. Don't fall in Nate!
ReplyDeleteKick his ass Sea Bass!
ReplyDeleteI think I lost the thread and think that means i made a good an proper blog.
ReplyDeleteKME: Im saying Melville.
ReplyDeleteIndeed. I'm not sure he's using them correctly, am certain I've never cared.
ReplyDelete