Monday, May 7, 2012

The big rock candy mountain

Touched down in Boston 11:15.  Blood work.  Brain radiation.  Tech asked me if I knew what they were going to do.  I heard the question more specifically than generally.  So, no, was hoping YOU knew what you were going to do.  She meant it more generally, like, why are you here, (but not so generally as to be metaphysical, thanks)  Sound the alarms, code yellow, patient is confused, disoriented, in need of counseling.  Or just grouchy and maybe persnickety about the way sentences parse.  Was also given directions down the "blue bird  hall way."  I ask you: is that blue hallway with birds, or a hallway of bluebirds?  Keep your mouth shut.  Do what you're told.

There's a lake of stew and whiskey, too.  You can paddle all around in a big canoe.

3 comments:

  1. First, I trust they've replaced the "cigarette trees" on BRCM. Second, if I remember correctly, bluebird hallway (aka, "Where the bluebird sings" is "near the soda water fountain" right around the corner from "the lemonade springs"...On the big rock candy mountain.

    be good bro-man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyatt tells me they are now peppermint trees. But sticks rather than lozenges so you can pretend you're smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm out of the loop on this one, my best guess is that you two are talking about playing Candyland while jammin' to the Stones'. Remember...my bike was my best friend on Naughton's mountain until Chris tore the ass out of his pants on a nature hike...

    ReplyDelete