Ice pinch-hitting, taking dictation and doing my best to translate muddled declarations into coherent blog notes...
According to CJ:
- No bullets.
- Three cheers for Erin, the nurse extraordinaire.
- This will surprise many of you: I've had a number of delusions. Phantom visits, dogs scurrying by, numbers in vivid color, and my wife's favorite: spy cookies.
- Last day of methatrexate (chemo), hopefully forever.
- First dose of Neupogen to stimulate white cell growth.
- Small bump in white cell production all on my own.
Ice again. Mid mutter, CJ started swatting at something and mentioned pills landing on his heart. I'm thinking that means it's time to close. In coherent moments, Chris asks that I read him your comments and they make him smile. Keep 'em coming. Thanks.
I'm worried that one of the side effects of methatrexate is that it turns you into Charlie Sheen.
ReplyDeletehey, best post EVER, or what? Oughta give you some idea where my mind wasn't. What shape i was in. I got tired after the title. Handed off to wife who didn't have the sense to tell me it wasn't funny or how to proceed. Sheesh--and then three whole comments. Fair weather poster sissies. South East Asian big cat blood. The tigers dont want to be linked with Sheen or the golfer.
ReplyDeleteWait. I'm confused. Did you end up giving the mayor his baby or not?
ReplyDeleteSounds like porn...
ReplyDeleteI just looked up "pills landing on heart" in my Psych 101 textbook. Apparently that metaphor is frequently used by chronic masturbators.
ReplyDeletePotter, Great title for the day.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to post riding a motorcycle in Rolling Thunder. Also hard to take pictures while riding to share. I thought of you riding right there next to me and then thought of your slippery floor mishap and thought bad idea. We'll ride one day soon. Fair weather was nice to ride and see the Nation's Capital and the monuments, sissy nonetheless.
Be nice to nurse Erin. She sounds like a Saint!
Don't eat the Spy Cookies, you don't know what is in them.
Remember, stay away from the housekeepers please.
Day 14 right around the corner, but I know you already see that. Keep it up tiger.
Sarah,
ReplyDeleteMy apologies to you. I reread my post. I do believe you and a great story. Lesson learned for you, always carry your camera phone. I carry two phones, always have a back up phone, you never know. And a gun and booze, ready for anything, just ask Potter. I agree with you as well, nonfiction, be real.
Potter, does the bunny mask have fur on it? I can't let the photo of the horse and bunny be forgotten. Just don't get near bears while wearing the mask in the woods!!!
Happy Memorial Dsy to all.
JAZ, no worries. When my husband's parents come to visit, I keep travel size wine in my nightstand. Seems more dignified than nips. No guns or ammo; that'd be like Potter with a wet floor and a housekeeper. I'm fiery enough all by my lonesome.
DeleteAnother TRUE story: When I was young, we stayed in a house on the beach. Spent the day catching crabs, which we boiled and ate. That night, I hallucinated crabs and eels all over the bedroom. Trying to catch them with my coverlet. My brother was out wandering the beach (bad sleep walker). Why eels? The neighbor, Mr. Doodle, brought eels as a hello and welcome gift. They jump in the pan even when dead due to some construct of their nervous system. A zoologist could explain better. I didn't eat them, but the image burrowed into my mind. My brother returned to the house to find a white towel flapping in the wind; thought it was a ghost; stayed away. My father wanted to know what the hell he was doing, and why. No reasonable answer. My mom coaxed me out of the bathroom, where I was herding crabs into the tub. Life is like that sometimes. Potter: Still up for a visit tomorrow? We can hallucinate, together.
see so the turn out gear is like how fast fire fighets can be READy, and then the mayor's baby. . . Well, let's just move along with a prayer on our lips and compassion in out herts and food in our bellies.
ReplyDeletefair enough
DeleteI am speechless. Sarah I anm worried now. Go see Potter, get some good hallucinagenic drugs. Enjoy, peace love good will.
ReplyDeleteWhat the f is a coverlet?
ReplyDelete