Monday, August 6, 2012

WEST SIDE in this MO-FO

Took a day off yesterday for periodization and being lazy.  Last week was a good warm up week.  Some lifting, some rowing, some X-Fit.  Made me very hungry to train the way I had been almost exactly a year ago (shudder) when I was simultaneously in the best and worst shape of my life.  With the Chupacabra's guidance Heather and I are going pretty much whole-hog (or should I say whole dog?) West Side Barbell conjugate training methods.  If you want the template, email me.  I'm just going to sketch in what I do.  If you want help ask.  Please chime in, whatever you're doing.  Please.

Max effort lower today.  Deadlift 225. (same as, ah-hem, my [very strong] wife)  Had hopes for higher but they weren't realistic for first time in 4mos.
Assistance work: reverse hyper, banded-straight-leg-KB dead, one-legged KB dead
Conditioning: prowler 8x35yd 170lbs.

Louie, 62, deadlifts way more than you.

10 comments:

  1. If I deadlift 300#, will you buy me a singlet like louie's? like Cope's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lut. You can borrow my singlet. I only use it when on the pommel horse.

    We have been warming up/ reintroducing ourselves to wodding again the last week or so. Hope to be on the crossfit/westside hybrid soon.

    Tomorrow's wod is in the pool. Wish us luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cope's singlet goes about 20 bucks in a team order. Louie's will set you back 150 anyhow. Dead 3 bills and I'll get you one, but you gotta wear it for the blog.

    CIP, I wish you air and no Baby Ruth's.

    couple things I feel compelled to mention: rope climbs the other day were knotted. Was by my lonesome and I'm trying to sift the stupid out of my courage. Guessing at prowler length today. It wasn't 30yds but it wasn't 40 either. It was make-a-deal-with-the-devil hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched a terrifying video. To the end. The lack of irony in their setlist blew my mind. My training regimen is far less efficient than my budgeting (and that's saying something, ask MITTENS) and I won't let any of you mother#@$%ers make me feel bad about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who's video? I thought you were announcing you dont like 2Pac. But Setlist? Im missing something. And when we want you to feel bad, you'll know it mainly by how bad you feel.

      Delete
  5. JAZ ...do you have any old singlets these guys could borrow that don't have the back side worn out from bridging?...Just kidding.

    I have an extra singlet that maybe Cope and Lut could both get in and hit Louie's number ...does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  6. everybody's noggins all filled up with pictures of Lut in one-piece? sleep tight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naughton I have at least one old singlet. I am not sure I would fit in to it now, so be scarey to lend it out to anyone. Barbell conjugate training methods??? I am going to get right in on that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bench pressed Mirany 400 times today. Okay, mostly I lifted from the knees. Relatives in town and she's shy. 26 pounds. Mean anything? I don't own a singlet, but I think MITTENS does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we can certainly give you credit for some bent-over rowing. good for upper back. Every strong person is strong in his/her back

      Delete