Big check up today. Good report. Slight dip in whites which they say is to be expected and not worrisome at all, especially b/c there was a good bump in the platelet department. Over all that is a better predictor of engraftment, marrow health and the whatnot. Reds steady. Free to consume fresh fruits and vegetables. Not needed back for a month. Also did a marrow biopsy, results pending. Should know in a week, but all other indicators are good. Won't lie, quite a chore waiting on the verdict. The news is either terrific or disastrous. I feel great, so Im optimistic.
At the Rick's Sunday night for preseason football. He offered me a glass of wine but I cant have any so I said just one. He had the first hit and tasted something funky so I held off. Later he said maybe it was kinda growing on him. I tried it at dinner. Hey now, i thought, that's tasty. Another quaff. Really tasty. I dont know man, this tastes fantastic to me. What is it? Dont know, my parents gave us a couple bottles. By the end of dinner I had finished a second glass. Good as the chicken and Portuguese sausage was, the wine captivated me. Seriously, man this is good. That funky taste at the end is a delightful tannic finish. Starts out cherry evolves to a mouth full of blackberries and just wrings your tongue clean. Really structured stuff. Is it gone? No, we have two bottles. Here. Hmm. I read the label. '99 Barolo. A swallow almost came out my nose. Tremendous grape juice. I figured it for at least a $50 bottle. Google confirms 66-75 bucks. I only had one or several more. I have to drink for the German woman too, teach her a little Italian.
Max effort parallel box front squat 125
Assistance: bent over rows, GHR, back extensions
Conditioning 4 x 500m row, 30 second rest. I think I averaged 2:17/500m. Slow as me in trig, but getting better (whereas all the trig I know is still in the calculator)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
12
(108)
-
▼
Aug
(19)
- Thrus: dynamic lower 12 x 2 banded box squat, 55% ...
- Achtung, babies
- progress
- 102
- prowler 101
- C
- 97 (official count) bottles of barolo on the wall
- Wash that camping right outta your hair
- 96
- on the paper at 10yd (94)
- "signifying sureness of the soul"
- 89
- Ropes of Love
- 86 kinda randy
- WEST SIDE in this MO-FO
- 83, 5, 4, 3, 2
- The Thunderbird Spirit
- or what's a heaven for?
- SORE
-
▼
Aug
(19)

Great news on your checkup and your new wine info. Keep up the good work...
ReplyDeletePotter,
ReplyDeleteMy recollection of trigonemetry is Miss Betts. Sine and cosine is no problem just always be on Tangent. Math is easy, always will be easy, and I will have an answer.
Great check up. It must be the funky taste that keeps you going. Exercise is good for the mind and body, keep doing it! I don't know anything about quaffing either.