Saturday, August 11, 2012

"signifying sureness of the soul"

Dynamic bench:  9x3 +chains
Assistance:  incline dumbs, pulls, reverse curl bench
Mobility

My mom made these  sundresses for the girls.  Made them, with her hands.  Wyatt's first hunting license arrived yesterday.  I had the best tomato of the year today.  Yellow, beginning to bleed red. Fat as a baby.  Dense as a pear and almost as sweet.  What's the mozz and basil for?   Anybody know the Frost poem of title?  One I never tire of.

8 comments:

  1. "My Butterfly"

    So I fell right into the trap.

    And I'm with Sarah: beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah, I didnt mean to get all quizzy. The poem is "The Silken Tent" and the girls always remind me of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Silken Tent

      She is as in a field a silken tent
      At midday when the sunny summer breeze
      Has dried the dew and all its ropes relent,
      So that in guys it gently sways at ease,
      And its supporting central cedar pole,
      That is its pinnacle to heavenward
      And signifies the sureness of the soul,
      Seems to owe naught to any single cord,
      But strictly held by none, is loosely bound
      By countless silken ties of love and thought
      To every thing on earth the compass round,
      And only by one's going slightly taut
      In the capriciousness of summer air
      Is of the slightlest bondage made aware.

      Delete
    2. When I first read this poem I wanted someone (anyone? that's how good the poem is, right) to read it and think of me. Lucky Leos, these.

      Delete
  3. Beauty, I second that.

    I might have to change my recommendation from a couple days back. I would go twin colt .45, nickel plated, pearl grip, reverse draw holster, and wear em. Kinda show-boat a bit. Especially when those two girls approach dating age. Make people think you are bat-shit-crazy.

    True story. In high school, took this girl out one night. As we were leaving, girl's old man pulls me aside. Figured i was going to get the "that's my baby girl bit" but didn't. Shakes my hand and passes a .308 cartridge to me. Not the plain, brass and lead deal. You know the stainless jacketed, black tipped ones. I look down, look back up, and he is smiling. Says "pretty aint it." I shake my head yes. He says "you keep that one, I got more." It had my name written on it in sharpie.

    I still have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So upset I missed the convo about hooligans driving recklessly. I do remember a rash of landscaping vandals that had no regard for natural turf and insisted on providing drainage ditches via tire tracks...I thought they would have caught those bastards by now...

    Cope btw...our revenge was in a loud, carburated big block Ford.

    CJ...your daughters are beautiful. Tell Birdie, nice job on the sundresses and ...Lucas wants the twins digits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donuts, hooligans, rooster tails, the legends lives on. Who knew those guys? Couple of restless kids didn't grow up must have been!! I get so much culture from this blog, legends, poetry, exercise tips....


    I second Naughton on the girls, quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete