Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ropes of Love

Cope asked a relevant question about content.  The answer is: up to you all.  If you train, I want to hear about it, whatever you do.  If you don't train, that's your business.  Feel free to mock those of us who do.  Exercisers are a weird buch.  I fight it off much as I can, but still weird, no question.  This is the Potter Transplant Daily.  I'm at a good point in my recovery and I intend to document it.  That's what I said I would do.  It gives me great pleasure to talk to my folk.  And hear back from them.  That dynamic has been instrumental in said recovery.  I happen to be an exerciser.  I have a big big hole to dig out of.  But the very digging makes me feel alive.  I just can't give that up or ignore it, so it's gonna be part of the blog.  Im also a pretty vigorous reader and a father and goddamn lucky husband and brother and friend and chess player and bow hunter and tomato connoisseur and flathead catfish-er person.  What are my hobbies?  What aint?  I want to know, do, be good at everything.  Like that sci-fi writer said, "specialization is for insects." Our lives are our poems. I don't want to leave any lines unwritten and since this might be a timed exercise, I gotta keep moving.   No one, nothing is censored.  All is fair game.  The rules for our blog are be funny or interesting, or be ridiculed.

I got hoisted by a wave of happiness today.  On an errand, in the car, nothing special, at a red light even: "Man, my hamstrings are sore.  That means you're doing it right.  I love training with Heather.  What a woman.  And those kids.  Wow I have good kids.  How'd we do that w/o practice?  Don't fuck it up.  Don't get angry. Be cool.  Straight and honest like with your friends.  My friends.  Jesus, my friends.  Like the lottery.  Green.  Go.  Where'm I goin' again?"  First wave of happiness in a fair amount of time.  Frost says, "Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length."


Max floor press 145 (use this for percentages in dynamic bench Sat.)
Assistance:  push, pull, reverse grip bench
Conditioning:  battling ropes 1 min on 1 min off  5x


Be kind, no blame, love everything.

5 comments:

  1. Man, do i love it. Just remember that you and the professor (nate's nickname in NC) and your exercisey bullshit are the reason i weigh 230 and not 265 now. Also the reason i have a few pull ups in me. Keep it up, and turn up the dial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with CIP brother. Next stop, 300# deadlift and a free singlet from Cope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i dont lift weights, but i had a powerful swim in the ocean with my niece. Plus i jacked up my dog--47 pounds-- when he went after a husky. Im tired enough to be satisfied

    ReplyDelete
  4. Potter,
    Great post. Sorry been a few days behind. Fuck what everyone else thinks. Fuck all those low life, dead beat non-exercising assholes out there. They do not matter. Fuck people that don't settle for nothing but the best. Geese you inspired me with your blog right now Fuck yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since Potter has forewarned of the potential ridicule: I do yoga and I have been for over 15 years. I love it enough to embrace the self-as-cliche when I ride my bike around our hood with the mat in my basket (we live in California). Because I know how to breathe, laboring my son was the most physically satisfying experience I've thus known.

    Oh and I run slow and I do it for a long time. You heard me.

    ReplyDelete