Friday, August 3, 2012
The Thunderbird Spirit
Allegorical source of thunder (wings) and lightning (beak). This is on Little Indian Rock, on the Susquehanna, in the shadow of the Safe Harbor dam(n). The rock is covered in petroglyphs (and bird scat). It's sorta funny when the jokers who swam out and carved "1883" are new to the neighborhood. I wish I could explain the deep, plangent chord these strike in me, but I can't. I just stare and marvel and stare some more. Anyone know how to twist photos?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
12
(108)
-
▼
Aug
(19)
- Thrus: dynamic lower 12 x 2 banded box squat, 55% ...
- Achtung, babies
- progress
- 102
- prowler 101
- C
- 97 (official count) bottles of barolo on the wall
- Wash that camping right outta your hair
- 96
- on the paper at 10yd (94)
- "signifying sureness of the soul"
- 89
- Ropes of Love
- 86 kinda randy
- WEST SIDE in this MO-FO
- 83, 5, 4, 3, 2
- The Thunderbird Spirit
- or what's a heaven for?
- SORE
-
▼
Aug
(19)
wait, what exactly are jimmy's thoughts on pictures? i shutter to think.
ReplyDeletealso, I need like some sort of alert on blog activity. I've thought this sumbitch has been shelved about 4 times now.
completely stoked to see you squatting, benching, pull-up-ing. looking forward to joining you.
Hey Potter, Thought of yesterday. At the pharmacy for the umpeenth time this week. After 5 days, still couldn't swallow. It's sad when a grown woman tears up talking to a gum snapping bitch on a nurse triage line. Turns out strep was all wrong. Anit Patel sorted me out in ten minutes flat: infected tonsil spread to the lymph nodes and UVULA. Important to keep those letters on order, especially whilst on the phone with some gum snapping bitch who should have gone onto government service. Anyhoo, guess who has the magic mouthwash now? That's right: Me! It's my birthday, it's a party, in a mouthwash....
ReplyDeleteWell Sarah maybe the gum snapper wasn't an ace sppeller and needed to hear those letters spelled slowly. I am sure the prescription for a swollen uvula is a little different than one for something else swollen, similarly spelled.
DeleteA lot of your problems just got solved. Do they say to mix with brown liquor? I remember thinking that would be a nice cocktail.
ReplyDeleteSo, there is this section of Rockingham, called East Rockingham, cause it is on the right hand side of Rockingham on a map. Different part of town. Nate would say something about the socio-economic make up, blah, blah, blah. I say sketchy part of town. Part where my wife and family are from. Anyway, you can letter in high school in graffiti in this part of town. And for short, the locals call it E-ROCK! Pronounced with the emphasis you would expect from dirty south.
ReplyDeleteSaid that, to say this...
Went to Iraq with some really close friends from E-ROCK. while in the mountains or Iraq, which bordered Iran, a few decided to "tag" a very visible rock cliff on the side of a very visible mountain range. Question is. One day, with those markings be considered petroglyphs.
I hope so.
They are now, in the way Carolina Sweek can be considered bourbon. Something else: many of the Susquehanna etchings point precisely to Sunrise and Set at the equinoxes. Gives me shivers every time I think about it. You guys dialed your "tags" into important astronomical events, right?
DeleteSomeone recently told my husband he looks like Mitt Romney (he doesn't, thanks) and it's making it difficult to enjoy sex.
ReplyDeleteNoble-looking bird.
That made me spit coffee. The idea of not enjoying sex is like an imaginary number to me. I'll believe you if you tell me, but I dont really understand. I think D looks like Marlon Brando in Streetcar. That oughta help.
DeleteAll I could think is "MITTENS", which is what some folks call him in Massachusetts. Not getting political, but some would say he's done less for the state then he has for your sex life.
DeleteNow MITTENS I can find a way to make kinky...I (we all) feel better.
DeleteKME has just explained why Chrissie keeps saying I look like Matt Damon.
ReplyDeleteThe mask makes it really hard to breathe, though.
Be thankful she's not into the bunny from Donnie Darko. Now, that's a mask.
Deleteif were in a bar (and lord knows we have been), the bell would ring for that one.
ReplyDeleteSounds like everyone talking about sex needs to get out their Horse and Bunny Masks and go at it for awhile. I recently came into some new resources, Potter you would be proud.
ReplyDeleteI took that class in school about imaginery numbers, I will fill you in. Designated by small i. Still think I should have been a teacher...
That makes one of us.
Delete