Hard C2 intervals sunday. 10 x :42 1:00 r 200 MTG. Missed Monday for travel. Good check up in Boston. Wasn't sorry to miss the reverse 50. Have missed a couple choice wods recently by dumb luck. I fear the retribution. Today, "GWEN" I was really stumped by what weight to try. Won't bore you with the back and forth. But you should know your choice is critical. Went with 115 and at rep 8 of the set of 15 I was deeply sorry I had. Honestly, don't know how I finished. I was all but sure I could not. Just kept doing one more. I found this wod terribly painful and demanding. Good test. 115. Matt dumped out of 185 after 9 reps, did all three sets at 165. His last set of 9, went 7 and 2 so fast that I think he could have done 20 reps in 5 min being able to put the bar down, which was an open wod a couple years ago. Of course you cant put the bar down and it's like being kicked in the crotch while trying to move heavy weight. Dawn, 83, made it look easy. Check out the mainsite vid of a woman doing 140. Have someplace for your jaw to drop.
Tomorrow and the next day to row. If we can't get it from here, we dont deserve it. Everyone still owes 4k a day. Some of us already made that deposit (and MUCH more).
Sparks fly on E Street when the boy prophet walks it handsome and hot.
"I think that was the right weight" she says. $#%&
ReplyDeleteyou'll dread 2nd and 3rd set powerfully. I wouldn't go longer than 10. Let you grip be your guide. When that recovers, go. Then again, I could make the case that mine still hasn't recovered. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteChipped in 15k to the rowing effort this morning in sub 1:03 which is like a 2:05 pace for a little more than an hour. Not copelandian but I'll probably have to wash the shirt I was wearing. I could have gone Khalipa style shirtless in our balmy January weather but I find that my chest wig is off-putting to the neighbors.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I managed to ring up 1,411 meters on Banana Kong for iPhone this morning, which is not too shabby.
I was looking at the January Virtual team Challenenge 2013 Individual Standings and while it's a well-covered point, where in the world would we be without Linda? Consider that Naughton is rowing on one leg, Ice rung up more than 100K, Potter is a rowing fool, Nathan is making a late charge and Copeland, well, I don't know how seriously he's taking all this. (CIP had no idea what he was getting into and so his meters are welcome in any quantity--but there's a patch for 50K!) So take our motley crew (crüe) and we don't even get 70% of the way there without Linda. Goodness gracious. I'm only in third--safely I'd add, largely by not doing crossfit workouts too--and if I rowed any more, I feel like I'd have to get a C2 tattoo just to (to quote Fred Kim) "solidify the relationship."
P.S. KME!
If i have to row tomorrow night. Im not speaking to a fair number of you for a long time.
ReplyDeleteScaled "Amanda" today. By the book, one who cannot do muscleups in a workout is cursed to do three pull ups and three dips for every MU. So. . .29 pulls, 29 dips, 9 Squat snatches @ 75/ 21 pulls, 29 dips, 7 squat snatches, 15 pulls, 15 dips, 5 squat snatches. Probably could have managed 95 on the bar, but wanted true squat snatches rather than power snatch/ohs. Eh, probably not a big deal either way. I have two or three MU's in me, just not enough for a wod. Dedicated myself to working on that. Matt went rx'd in 7:01. Dawn, 17:30 w some band assist in dips, 60# snatch. Me: 16:57
LATE UPDATE: 1,000,000. Way to go.
ReplyDelete2k warm up
ReplyDelete5k
1k cool down
Last place, but I get a patch right? There is a patch right? Wait. There is no GD patch is there?
Damnit Nate!
There is a patch!
Deletehttp://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/motivation/million-meter-club/team-million-meter-club
Bravo P'sPs.
ReplyDeleteWhat's worse than a human anchor is the chump who says she'll play along next year. Well, here I am gents (&, respectfully, LP). Tho I know this krewe's too wise to wager with tomorrows.
21 days into my crossfit journey (it only took about 5 years? of Potter Pressure before I caved) and I look forward to *someday* actually sharing the result of my day's humble effort.
Right on. Welcome.
DeleteIncidentally, I'd think of the comments as a sort of potter-pressure support group. We know. We know. Oh, we know.
4 RFT: @95lbs
ReplyDelete5x high hang power cleans
5x low hang power cleans
5x power cleans
Run 400m
Rest 2 min
WmC - 20:25 (or there about)
NP - 2k erg w/u
- 19:43
2500m capper for the day/month to match my holiday challenge total. nosing out S. Francis Naughton was just gravy.
ReplyDeleteI guess having the flu and a busted up knee doesnt count for anything...thanks for the salt in the wound. Hope to see you at the super bowl so I can warm your beer and give you the Sam's club meatballs...
DeleteFor those scoring at home, your favorite rowing team finished 100th out of 324 entrants in total meters in the January team challenge. Lets see if our captain can manage to turn in the paperwork to get us our patches.
ReplyDeletewait. What? paperwork?
ReplyDeleteClck the link above. It's all spelled out. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
Deletegreat, now I'm not getting my patch. i knew it. nerdz
ReplyDelete