All right. That was fun. 1,000,000 meters. Expressed as a % of the lifting involved:
LPotter: 30%
CPotter: 14%
LSant: 13%
HGirvin 12%
NPotter: 10%
SNaughton: 10%
CCopeland: 6%
BCipriani: 5%
Upcoming individual challenges: Valentine's day, March Madness. The next team challenge is The World Erg Challenge. The prizes are better. You'll let me know if you're interested. This means you KME, big talker. I for one will cheer like mad for Birdie as she tackles March Madness. I have been in contact with C2. Turns out the Team challenge and the million meter team challenge are meant to be discrete events. But they will allow overlap. Paperwork is complete and the patches (and certificates!) are in the mail. You can download a iron-on decal for the team challenge...in case you didn't know. Good work team. I'm going to give some thought to the Marathon challenge in May. You should too.
Today: 3RFT: 30 pulls/30 DL #155/30 box jumps. Perfectly calibrated to make you hurt. Had a vague hope to finish in 20. Knew that wasn't happing in the first round. Deads came out of nowhere and slobberknocked me. Oh god did it smart. 24:40. Dawn was going to tackle 155 but I talked her out of it. How come no one talks my weights down? She was blistering at #95. 16 and change.
Richard Wagner's letters to his lover Mathilde were a mess
3 rep max dumbell bench press
ReplyDelete3 rounds
5x weighted pull-ups (20#)
10x strict diamond push-ups
33x double unders
10x side delt raise (20#)
7x snatch (empty 45# bar)
Tabatta hollow hold (:16 on// :14 off)
Same
Deletehey this is a crossfit site. Bodybuilding is next door. Richard Simmons (deal a meal!) down the hall.
ReplyDeletebody by nate, baby.
DeleteI could not get through the song. Moreover, "Rhett"? Leave the broken instrument on the ground child. Almost as bad as that ridiculous hair.
ReplyDeleteSo, fine. I should have expected, and sure, I'm interested. After April 1 you can't throw me off the team. "As many meters as they can" what is that supposed to fucking mean? Give me a parameter to cuddle.
You're defending it? Where am I.
ReplyDeleteit is bad hair. But those eyes
ReplyDeleteshoulder press today. Worked up to a 3rm and stayed there. 6 more times. 3rd rep in most sets was an open question. 115-115-115-115-115(2)-115-115(2)
ReplyDeleteChief in basement at Turbotville. Iron weight, very tight quarters. The barbell kept rolling into me while doing push ups. I wanted one round of 4. Didn't happen. Not saying results would have been much different in a different venue/equip. Maybe a little different. Threes cycles + cleans in every round except the 4th when I was just "poor me, poor me" 2 cycles and 5 squats. The Chief is the first workout I ever did with rubber weight. In JW's backyard. Made huge wheel ruts where I dropped it so that I ended up doing deficit deads too. Good stuff.
ReplyDeleteI can do 2-3 games standard HSPU and the number is going up hopefully to former levels. But remember that I've been able to do HSPU since wrestling/pole vaulting. Strength is obviously a big part of the HSPU and gymnastic strength is slower coming even than barbell strength. But mobility/flexibility is not to be underestimated. I need all the room and ROM i can find in my shoulders or I can get shut out. And I well remember the day Lut went from 3 to a dozen HSUP from stretching. I think you know the mobility drills/stretches. strength-wise, practice handstand holds. Partial range and banded are not a waste but sorta like with banded/jumping pull ups, they just dont seem to blossom into legit versions. (push ups too!) Better, I think, to practice full range with feet or knees elevated. Work to a set of ten and then get your waist higher. remember to keep your hands in tight too, wider is easier (and appropriate for some wods) but narrow is better training and better for the eventual HS walk. Hope this helps
Rest today. I'll post again at the completion of the next 3-day cycle. Thurs night or Fri.
Monday:
ReplyDeleteClean & Jerk 15-12- and 9 reps
Touch and go at floor only. Even a re-grip off the floor is a foul. No dumping. Use same load for each set. Rest as needed between sets.
BC: 115# [solid throughout]
NP: 115# [it went 15, 11 (dump), 1, 9]
Tuesday:
Dynamic Squat 95# (8x3)
then
Three rounds for time:
20 Pull-ups
155 pound Deadlift, 25 reps
30 Box jump, 24 inch box
BC-22:10
NP-18.20
A very brutal 20:10 might i ad
DeleteGot sick and hurt my back. Then my truck caught fire and rolled down a hill, then my dog died. OK, I don't even have a truck and my dog is fine. It just flowed after that first part. Apologies. Ma'am
ReplyDeleteSlowly working back into WODs while nursing my lame back. Shoulder press triples on Monday, went more along CJs lines of staying at a heavy weight. Went 115-125-135-135f-135f-125-125. Back was fine. Tuesday was Chief but I kept the power cleans to #45 just to do the movement. Not willing to pull any weight. Rest and mobility today.
dont get hurt.
ReplyDeletewed: rest
ReplyDeletethur: the chief.
np: 3rds +1cl // 3rds // 3rds // 3rds // 3rds
wc: 3rds+2cl // 2rds+7sq // 2rds + 3cl // 2rds + 3cl // 2rds + 1cl