Wednesday, January 9, 2013

FILTHY

FIFTY:  33:54  rx'd.  pretty happy.  This is the wod that punched me out.  Twice.  I have it from a reliable source that when this awfulness was dreamed up, they had no idea people would someday finish under 30.  Now 15 is routine for elites.  My first burpee didn't count b/c i tried to go right from Wall ball to burps, went down, up and had NO jump.  COULDNT jump.  zero.  that's zero burpees.  down, up, zero.

Yeah it's my skateboard.  So what?

17 comments:

  1. I want to know what Linda has on her iPod. Woman can row.

    row. sleep. row. sleep. knit. row. sleep. row. row. knit. sleep,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she has a tv tray mounted from the ceiling so she can eat in there once and a while.

      Delete
  2. CJ...not sure I want to know what that workout is that punched you out twice...I'm new to this and don't want to be scared off.

    2523m 11:54

    Bench Press: 3x200, 3x225, 3x225, (f)2x265, 3x245, 3x245, 3x245.

    2518m 12:53

    ReplyDelete
  3. first two times i did it (in '08) i could not/did not finish. 50 burpees not really in my wheelhouse and Double unders came VERY slowly. I think I cut myself off at 75 min and then an hour. filth 50 just makes me quake. it's like 8wks of pledging distilled into a 40min cup. with chew spit in it.

    245 triple. . .very far from shabby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll put that on my radar for a year from now....or more. Nice work on your progress from '08! and beautiful skateboard...that's not part of Xfit work out is it?

      I hate to make excuses for BP #'s...but here they are...setup is not perfect, should have that resolved this weekend with some redneck construction. Plus, Mik(dog) was my spotter so I didn't have a lot of confidence in his ability to help.

      Delete
  4. didnt think you needed an excuse. but there you have it. 245 for three w/o spotter. that either makes you strong or not so wise. your pick.

    today: 5X Lower from inverted hang 7x/ 15 ring push ups. Went very slowly, much attention to form and tension. after the first round I had to scale the inverted hang-down to a folded leg version. rapid onset muscle soreness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot tub 10 min
    500 m swim
    4 k row
    Bojangles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not feeling my best I decided to do Fran as planned anyway. 10:58. Which is 1:36 behind my best. Fran time was working its way down (albeit slowly) but the last 2 attempts were each slower than the previous. Even if i was not at my best today i still see a trend that i don't like. Any wisdom on gerting this time down? And my daughter already informed me that i am a year older than when i had my best time. So you can skip that one thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when you break, do you break b/c you need air or b/c strength feels unequal to the next rep? (recognizing those precipitators are not really discrete) I think the answer can suggest some strategies. In addition I think you could train this time range more too. my best fran time came, near the time and as a result of my best 2k erg time. And of course, mid-line stability.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think im breaking due to strength. I can still breathe, i just cant keep the reps going. So i tjink i might benefit from strategies for that. Also,Other than rowing what do you recommend to train thst time?

    ReplyDelete
  9. knowing what i do, i rather doubt 95 is too much overhead for you and it's certainly a doable front squat. leads me to suspect transmission of power ie hips and spine. MID-LINE. just my guess. it's my problem too. remember that the thruster is front squat to PUSH press. it's easy to forget in O2 debt. a mushy middle will hinder this effort in the worst ways. So: kte, T2B, hollow holds etc etc. or just make sure you are squeezing your belly tight in every rep of every wod. as for that domain, obviously any 21-15-9 rep scheme. but also fast, med weight burners. Depending how serious a concern/goal this is i might get you to scale 1 or 2 wods a week to weight(s) that will bring the total time to around 5-10. That KB/burpee countdown was right around there too. all this maybe overthinking things too, im known for that. Seems like you have been streaky wod-wise lately. Not giving you a hard time. we all go through these. Just saying no one pr's something like fran by accident. it's too perfect a blend of speed and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I appreciate the good info...kind of like bleacher seats...

    1515m 7:19

    12m AMRAP: 15 dead lifts 155#/15 pushups off 25k plates/15 box jumps.

    3015m 15:52

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good points. 95 is certainly manageable overhead and front squat. But if midline stability is weak then things fall aparr as rep count goes up. I also run into a similar issue on many wods where i hit muscle fatique earlier than i would expect with manageable weights. For this i think you are probably right about training the time. Plus a little Potter guilt will probably help the wod consistency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mix Potter guilt into my Whey protein and Creatine shakes.

      Delete
    2. I wonder how Potter guilt tastes in coffee?

      Delete
  12. All Natural! Gluten Free! New and Improved! While supplies last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potter guilt-half testosterone, half bourbon, half shadenfruede. All good

      OK, so schadenfreude might not be exactly right, but it was still fun to use.

      OHS 3-3-3-3-3
      115-135-145-150(pb)-135

      Delete