Saturday, January 12, 2013

And it makes me wonder why

Olympic total today:

Snatch: 125
Clean & Jerk: 145

About 35-40% off tops.  Meh.  First time seriously weightlifting in well over a year.  Gotta start somewhere, just wish it wasn't at the bottom.

+ 10k
You know what he says? He says, Daddy you're a fool to cry.

13 comments:

  1. Rest day for me.

    FYI. There are some new xmas abbott pics floating around the interweb. Just saying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floating. . .like in the hot tub?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy 20 min AMRAP 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 squats. 12 rounds 5 pull ups. Last January I was a few squats short of 9 rounds so this was a decent jump for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not running from Cindy. Did it fairly recently, 14+2squats. Perhaps again next main site rest day. KAREN today. CJP 10:35. DP: 9:35 MW: 6:32.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Hummel figurines.

    *blushes*

    I have one of Courtney Love that I wouldn't sell for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some bouldering at Earth Treks this morning. Then decided to hop on the rower and give 2k a shot. Never done it before and have no idea what time should be so I needed to decide on a pace. I figured that if I shot for 2 minute 500s then I should be at 10 minutes for 2k. You have probably already noticed the problem with this. It took me a little longer. Like on the drive home. Science is not my strong point. Anyway, 8:37 with too much left in the tank at the end. For those frequent rowers, what do you use to pace yourself on something like this? Watts, strokes/min, projected time, or just knowing how far you should be in a certain time? Enlighten me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lut has it. generally, a drowning sensation is about right. Acute and severe cardio-pulmonary distress. So, I'll leave the math up to you. You are free to use fingers and toes. The answer to your question is complicated nuanced and dependent on many variables, but in a nutshell: YES. Next time: put your damper setting on 4. warm up for a K. Then row around 2:00/500 for as long as you can, keeping your stroke/min around 26. These numbers are like the bubble in a level, they won't stay still. just stay near as you can. keep that pace, you'll row an 8m/2k not terrible and probably doable. as you approach 0 meters, skin yourself if you like, get your best time. your pace will decrease and your strokes will likely increase. note your time. ave s/m, calories. strategy to follow. The 7min/2K is sort of a gold standard for men. You cant do it by accident. Cope's the only we have. Lifetime best for me: 7:14. Current top: 7:54, though I should retest. Welcome to hell. Glad you;ll be with us

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 k erg warmup

    12x3 dynamic bench

    15-12-9
    Hspu
    Kb 1.5
    Burpees

    11:11

    ReplyDelete
  9. HELEN finished off my week, and just about finished me off. I think the clock said 17:25 when I was done...eyes were blurry. All I could think of while working out was " going to hell in a handcart...". Time should definitely be better when the weather changes. I have the rower in the basement for the winter and have to run up the stairs & out in the garage to work out.

    What's a good HELEN time for you guys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pullups are definitely an issue. I'll see where I am once I get the rower upstairs and don't have to run the stairs.

      Delete
  10. Sometimes it seems like Cope is just bragging. But that could be the stomach flu talking.

    ReplyDelete