Monday, January 14, 2013

Modus Ponens

Lynn's always been one of my favorite's.  Used to do 225 for 50 or so reps and about 8 dead hang pull ups.  In the salad days, can remember doing 190 for a boatload and a not-shameful amount of pulls.  Today I started with a bodyweight bench (180) but it just wasnt the stimulus I needed.  Scaled back to 155, got some reps, swept my pride under the horse stall mat.  Dead hangs, no knee lift, super strict, palms out.  If P then Q.  P.  Therefore Q.

                        

You want muscle.  I'll give you nerve.  You want sugar.  I'll give you honey.  You want romance. Would you settle for love?

5 comments:

  1. For the jumping pull ups in the 50 how high should the bar be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did the bar inhale? Rimshot.

      I low enough to very easily grasp. Stand on a plate or two.

      Delete
  2. I want it all....

    2518m

    OHS. 3-3-3-3-3-3-3. 67-77-89-99-111-121-133. 3rd rep of 121 got a little hairy, lost focus for a second and it cost me a rep so I did another set.

    2511m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Health Lift: 5x 235-245-250-255-260
    T2R, GHD sits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pick up that blood!

    Went with Copes wrist high bar thing for the 50 - 40:19. Everything was just lovely until i ran into KTEs. I have new found respect and hatred for all of you.

    Was going to do split jerk tomorrow night but might switch to health lift to say health lift.

    ReplyDelete