Friday, January 18, 2013

PR!

FGB:  266


Anybody else miffed about the 10 seconds and oh, .75 calorie you lose pulling the rower cold in minutes 5, 11 and 17?  What's the best fix for this?  I tried a version with "undefined rest" today and cost Dawn (288!) and me way more than if we'd not had a "solution."  I was also wrong about the order of operations and the women's weight.   Hat trick.  Makes me wonder what the opposite of virtuosity is.  Something common done remarkably poorly.  Virtue has a moral sense to it...thinking out loud here . . .  Vice could be a place to begin.  Vice comes from Latin VITIUM-- fault or blemish, though not necessarily sin.  Then again a VIRTUOSO isn't necessarily saintly.  Opposite of Virtuoso?  Buffoon?  Scaramouche? (do the fandango.  You never looked it up did you?).  I say we make up VITIOUS, botched and bungled to an alarming degree when even average would have worked or was reasonably expected.  VITIOSITY.  The polar opposite of virtuosity.  You heard it hear first.

sdhp THEN box jumps


speaking of average: +4K



I pawned my Smith-Corona and I went to see my man.  He hangs out on Alvarado Street by the Pioneer Chicken stand.

6 comments:

  1. Holy shit. Lpotts has rowed over 100 miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grammatically I think you mean more than 100 miles. The holy shit part is right.

      Delete
  2. southern grammer died. Sherman burned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does it. Back in my cubby hole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 13 Handstand push-ups
    30 Pull-ups
    40 Kettlebell swings, 1.25 poods
    50 Sit-ups
    40 Burpees
    -14:43

    Ended up with 13 HSPU because I gave myself a 3 minute time limit on those and with 40 burpees because of a 4 minute time limit. I went a little over on the burpees, but I forgive myself. I wanted to keep moving, not get bogged down with the HSPUs or even the burpees, by the end the burpees were turning into a slow paced slog, which is not what I wanted. And that's all I have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im with you on the hspu. Um, the burpee scale? We'll always forgive you doing all your burpees
    Do your kids get to scale their broccoli? I mean, dad this is just turning into a very slow paced vegetable course. If I didn't have to eat any I'd be done by now

    ReplyDelete