A) "Cameron": 50 lunge/25 CTB/50 box jump/25 3under/50 back ext/25 ring dip/50 KTE/25 2-4-1 wb/50 sit up/5 rope climb
Did this last cycle out of order to keep in time with partners who do crazy things like open wods twice. Not bad as far as heroes go. Them and this wod. Still a boatload of work (this wod). I practiced 3unders and immediately scaled to 40 2xunder. Relative strengths: lunges, KTE, dips. Struggles: box jumps, CTB. The 2fer1's blew me up. Blammo. Crushed. Many no-reps, huge time drain. Matt in 22 with trips, D in 25 w DU. Me: 27:30 and rope bloody paws
B) "Nasty Girls": 3RFT: 50 squat/7 MU/10 hang power clean #135
My very first CrossFit workout. You never forget your first. Many people get abused by a girl. Me, a gang. Squats to a swiss ball, aided pulls, aided dips, power cleans the only thing I could do. 40 mins or so. Thought I was king of the world. Exhilarated. For the next three days I had to lower myself to the floor and then crawl up onto the toilet, so devastated was my posterior chain, though I wouldn't have called it that at the time. Today, I worried about losing time on the squats, and getting squeezed to multiple sets of HPC. Worried about everything but what gutted me. MU's. Got 5 lickety split in round one and then failed 5 times. In the heart and the head and the shoulders. miss miss miss miss miss. Scaling on the fly I went to HPC owing 2 mus. Things calmed down and I finished much worse for the wear. But squats were good, HPC in sets of 5. MU's took a sidereal year. made up 2 at the end. wouldnt have counted in comp but got all the work done. 23:27. D: 16 ish, I think, w/ 3 mu's per. Matt: 6 and change (!!) I think my lifetime best is just under 15. Hot potata.
C) 5 RFT: 21 dead lift #185/run 400m
Here is where I was going to say that the toe has been coming along nicely. Lots of double unders, lots of oly lifting. No trouble. Lunges even. Except then last night around beddy-bye damn if it didn't start to hurt. Bad. Almost as bad as when broken. WTF! (not wild turkey federation). I dont really understand it. Except it hurts and now Im back to walking on the side of my foot and limping. Which my ankle and knee have had it with. Swelling back up. Damnation. Back to buddy tape and gimping. Don't know, guess I overdid it. Not sure how though, no incident to speak of. Doc said let pain be your guide. Pain was not a good guide. Had I felt any I would have backed off. Stay tuned. 13.4 oughta be a joy. I thought this wod would do me in and happily pushed it off til either today or never. Worried that deads would prove too much to tangle with. Seriously, beware the middle-weight couplet. Considered cutting to 165 or even 135. In warm up was able to pull 11 pretty easily. Decided to go rx'd. Had to sub 500m of seated dead lift for runs. dead lifts and seated dead lifts. feels like ive been branded on the low back, very warm. D: 20+, HG: 22+ (both at 135), Yours: 19:54 a bright note to finish.
Here's to your good looks baby, now here's to my health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
initially thought the 7's to 10's commercial was gonna be really funny/clever, but then there was no punch line. yes, quite strange. sorta fits with my position of digging crossfit, not crossfitters. not far from...I'm glad there ARE Marines, just not crazy about talking to any of them.
ReplyDeletecope, i'm going to assume you've been dutifully watching the slew of recent muscle-up tutorials in the Journal. if not, you know, maybe give that a go. where are you getting hung up? transition?
1-1-1-1-1-1-1
ReplyDeleteback squat, last set at 138#. Pleased.
3x
15 KB 44#
25 abmat
4:09
15min amrap
10 pullup (blue)
10 kb
200m run
Pulled something in neck on KBs day before going warp speed (for me), realized on first pull so I cut them out. Don't know how many rounds I did, just kept doing them.
bad news: tried T2B Th and Fri, no go, decided to not go up and collect my 3 reps.
good news: consecutive DUs. 10 plus a dozen or so smaller sets.
The commercial is dumb. The bright eyes doing the open wod announcements also called Annie and Lindsay "beautiful," haven't heard as much about the dudes. Which is to say, it's a man's man's man's world. If we can entertain you in some way, you'd like us to, thanks sweetheart.
Our wods felt really weak all week. Don't like that.
ReplyDelete13.4
ReplyDeleteafter cope's 63 I had my sights set on 50. kinda thinking, "he got a hair better than his goal, maybe it's not so bad." well, my performance vis-à-vis my goal didn't quite go the same...direction. got 43. I'm disappointed. but I damn sure didn't feel like I left a solitary ounce in reserve. felt victorious just to be standing upright after.
as for weak programming, i hear ya. especially when your progress feels cannon-shot but sometimes a little light spell will keep you in the mix longer. good time to work on skill shit maybe? i have a hard time not rolling my eyes at myself when I say shit like this, but i guess that doesn't stop me from typing it out. my gut here makes me think maybe its by design b/c weren't you just sorta belly-aching about a rough week recently, feeling run down or some such? what do I know, I can only eek out 43 in an open wod. wait, so if mediocre athletes make great coaches...yep, I think I know where this is headed.
ReplyDeleteApril 1, 2013
Bench press, 3x8 reps @ 115# + bands
JM Press, 3x8 reps @ 60# (PVC "bandbell" bar)
5 x (1 bar MU + 20 sec handstand hold)
then
For time:
20 Kettlebell swings, 70lb
30 Toes to bar
Run 400 meters
5:50
I find them a bit harder simply b/c the bar is unyielding There's no room for discussion at the top; either you are or are not above the bar. On the rings you can be on top in a much lower dip. So, you need the dip strength to get out, but maybe not as deep a pull? I hope that makes sense. When I am able to do a bar MU (a seemingly random and infrequent event) the dip seems to be half range and almost an after thought. Certainly that speaks to my technique, lack of. I've heard and read that the deep(er) pull of the bar MU is the way to build into straight-grip ring mu.
ReplyDelete