The return of the tall box jump sent shivers down me timbers. Stopped at a store and bought a pair of shin guards and promptly donned one. First rep did the ol' swing arms forward smack your thumb on box. Awesome. After that I was good. Jumps were slow but sure. Wall climbs kinda fit me. I have no trouble with sets of T2B smaller than 12. Matt: 15 and change. Dawn: 21+ Me: 19:40
B) 2RFT: 400m run/15m handstand walk/400m run/30 pistols.
Right after you get the notion that something "fits" you, they show you the big boy pants. Uh, I had to scale EVERYTHING. 500m row for the run. Wall handstand "steps" for the walk. Band assist pistols. Welcome to the bigs. Im okay with the row sub, kept them all under 2:00/500m pace. The handstand step is done against a wall, pick one hand up, touch same-side shoulder, put hand back. You get good stimulus at trading hands, working the on shoulder, balance. BE VERY CAREFUL with your hands as there is much danger of coming down wrong on a finger. It would be a couple week injury. Be careful. I did 30 a round. Pistols with a red band, full depth. 24:14. I think i finished the first round in 8.
C) Max Snatch.
![]() |
| toe with dog |

Is the current hypothesis that your toe is busted?
ReplyDeletegoing with very badly bent
Delete13.1
ReplyDelete106
nice number. those six reps get you about 2000 places. major mendoza line at 100.
Deletethis went a little differently than i expected. I figured i'd have plenty of time and would stand around looking at the bar at the end, having nothing left. I coulda used some extra clock to keep chipping away at 135. was a somewhat pleasant surprise that they were actually going up. i just had to internally shout "hook grip, squeeze guts, rope-arms...jump!"
Deleteturns out I still hate burpees.
NO MAS! Meant to say good on ya for tackling the rx'd muscle up sub. Few do. I will say that even better is false-grip ring or CTB pulls...not to diminish your effort but to cue your MU re-attainment. I think the most commonly lacking element in failed mu's is the arm-pit deep pull (bent arm or straight/kipping or strict)
ReplyDeleteso...I was looking for some education before trying this lift for the first time tomorrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvlUQT79doI
ReplyDeletebut who can focus on the lesson with this guy chomping away at his gum like it's keeping the lights on.
But you DID try. You said "Shan't". I see what you're doing there.
Deletenow that's what they call funny funny stuff. Im so slow on the draw a good minute went by of me locked onto what iron mike was saying (b/c i didn't want to do burpees) before I thought, hey, that's alexandria, HEY, I was at that HEY ITS NATE ITS NATE NATE IS IN. . . man is he chewing gum. . .Wait oh yeah, THATs what i was supposed to notice. Sigh. whatta dope. The vid is also proof that bergener teaches the double knee bend, which someone tried to tell me he did not. I mean, if you could see past the jawboning.
DeleteMy words, almost as helpful as my gum chewing.
ReplyDelete13.1 100. Sigh. Plenty of time, plenty of juice, probably 10 attempts and several real close but couldn't get under fast enough. Also tried "grip, guts, jump" but no go, not yet.
ReplyDelete3:49 4:22 4:38
run 200
5 burpee
10 pullup (red)
15 abmat
20 DB press 15#
25 DU
rest 2 minutes
ps I fucking love this.
ReplyDeleteLut does too. but he's on dial up internet so it doesnt always show
Delete