Ortho appt pretty much a waste of time. Broken toe. Too long ago to do much about except "rest your toe." Good alignment, starting to knit. Let pain be your guide. Not as gimpy as a week ago. But still fairly sore, and ankle is tired of walking weirdly. Mathitude helped me turn set up to this one into a science fair project. 50ft gym, cones at either end and middle. 75ft is, wait. 3ft to a yd? Is this meters or yards? OMG I'm gonna go nuts (er). 3 cones? 6 cones? Whew. The 185 OH carry was fine. The 185 clean presented a problem. Cut to 135. We have farmer-carry handles which are far preferred, but require scaling up. Mainsite programs the barbell farmer, I think, to avoid special equipment (like three BB per capita isn't special). If you have equipment you should use it. Problem with the barbell carry is it isolates the wrist too much, shoulders, trap and lats not enough. Whatever. I had 115 in each hand. 3,2,1 go. OH to Lunge to. . .DOH! in the lunge one of your main points of contact is? The big toe. AGGGH. Scaling in media res: left leg forward lunge, unweighted. Oh brother. Extra lap of OH and farmer carry to compensate. I think it ended up being 65yds/round, but the lunges were kinda a joke. 16:01 If the RX wod was the idea, my version of the wod was the idea's shadow cast on the gym wall by my dimly flickering intellect. (liked that one, didn't you?)
B) FT: row 500m/BWBP x 30/row 1k/BWBP x 20/row 2K/BWBP x 10
Did this one in, get this, May 2009 with 205# (BW 209). 44:03. I was on a water rower and I suspect faulty calibration. Logged a 1:36 500m/3:53 1k/8:10 2k. Not likely, but who knows with the extra lbs. Perception is not knowledge. I do remember very well doing the BP in triples doubles and singles. I tried on the BW (now 180) for size. Would have been the same thing and I almost did it. BUT: make every wod your own. I reasoned that the BP's should take about as long as the rows b/c of their a-/de-scending structure. I think I got it nearly right. BP at 140, tried to do all rows pretty close to best times, give or take. Round of 30 whacked me after being teed up by a scalding 500m. Missed 2 in the 30 and that is a giant headache when training alone, cost me at least 2 minutes. At least. Anyway. Rows: 1:43/3:54/8:12. BP's in 10's, 5's and 3's except when trying to squeeze out 1 more and missing. Be greedy but not too greedy. 31:50
![]() |
| Suede, son. The Platonic form sneaker |
Thought I could do 7 but then saw D and Matt and Cope just squeak past 7. Common sense told me to revise but I wanted to do 7. I tried some jumps, but I haven't mentioned I have a broken toe. Yeah. It makes things like jumping and lunging painful. I was a step-up guy the whole way. STO were ok. Deads not an issue. As Cope said, it's a box jump competition. Or I was a one-legged man in an ass-kicking competition. Really, my goal was to find a "good" pace and NOT STOP. I succeeded there, which is not nothing. 186 reps (6 rounds+STO's+1dead) Putting down another broken-toe PR, thanks.
Hazy Davy got really hurt, he ran into the lake in just his socks and a shirt.

13.2: 10min AMRAP 5 STO 115#/10 dead lift 115#/15 box jump 24"
ReplyDeleteI really wanted 7. Settled for 5 + STO + DL + 11 box jumps. Step offs the whole way. DL super easy, STO a little challenging. Breathing is hard with weight on your chest. It is a box jump competition, but I can't see how I could have done those faster.
Oh they're in there. Perhaps they were too erudite. I'm that way. A lot. (corrected) caption is another one. Not sure about 13.2 score. I do that a lot too. By blogging time Im more worried about content than results. I know I know, it shows. Amended. Apology. See, there's another one. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Somebody stop me!
ReplyDeleteJust a reader, but why don't you rest your toe?
ReplyDelete13.2 197reps
Planned all step downs, but went in this morning and WHAT? most everyone was stepping up/down...so I did it. Did I cheat? I feel like I cheated.
Did I just Place in my second lifetime experience of the deadlift, you chumps? Nathan Potter? Lut? Where's Dr. Girvin, I know she smoked me, I watched the video.
Great. Now i want a pair of suede pumas.
ReplyDelete13.2 this afternoon. Be right back.
Still on the rower-bwbp* workout. I'm overweight for my bench press, apparently.
ReplyDeleteWith little chance to lose 80 pounds before the WOD, I scaled to 115 on the round of 30 and 95 on the fly for the 20 and 10. Rower splits were 1:44; 3:52; 8:12. Total time 28:18.
Even though I know better, I still make the mistake of asking before some CF WODs: "How hard can it be?" Turns out, pretty hard.
Dana Plato, no love. It's a tough crowd.
ReplyDeleteI AM RESTING MY TOE, for chrissake. It's the rest of me that is not resting and sometimes steals the covers getting up.
I totally expected more 13.2 results from posters who rhyme with great and frilly . Dr. G put on a clinic for 13.1. .2 she seems to be indisposed. Maybe this week
round of apple sauce for Lut and the BP/rower wod, but 13.2 was actually next in the cue. My guess is he is saving it for a weekday.
KME did not cheat. STO weight rx'd? Puts you top 10 in our gym
sorry, missed your question first time around. I may have been confusing about lunges. I know I was confused during the wod. Subtraction scares me. I did right leg forward lunges, unweighted. I got nothing from right leg trailing and not much from right leg lead. Its just an exercise where the foot-thumb is your friend. Heavy lunges will tune you up. You think in the quads and the caboose, and youre not wrong but next day your obliques and QL (physio talk for guts) cry uncle. Keep your hips underneath you as you learn, the long stride to buy real estate will not really help long term and is much less stable. Better to stay short and centered. Hope you get this in time.
ReplyDeleteOK, now I are pissed. Behind broken toe guy and newbie on 13.2? What the....
ReplyDeleteOK, I'm over that. Dusted off the mountain bike yesterday. First time out in over 2 years, rode for a little over an hour. First half hour I thought, wow, crossfit is great training for mountain biking. Second half hour I thought, wow, crossfit sucks as training for mountain biking. Last 15 minutes, well took a wrong turn back to the car and got sort of lost in the woods, nothing to do with crossfit.
13.2
ReplyDelete152 reps.
13.2
ReplyDelete185. why oh why didn't I look at the blog before doing this. i'd like to think i coulda squeaked past 186, or at least matched it.
no question in my mind that stepping down ain't cheating. mine was a melange of stepping up/down, juming/sucking for air and some fast cycling with no rest. pretty sure steady wins the race here.
197 is nice.
moday - rest
tuesday -
Dynamic effort box squat, 12x2 @ 115# + bands
Dyanmic effort bench press, 9x3 reps @ 75# + bands
Speed deads, 10x1 rep @ 135 (couldn't pin any bands for deads)
then:
75% Angie =
75 Pull ups
75 Push ups
75 Sit ups
75 Air squats
12:43
500/30BWBP/1k/20BWBP/2k/10BWBP. No rower, so #45 barbell SHDP, 1 pull for 10m. For you English and Philosophy majors that is 50 SHDP, 100 SHDP, 200 SHDP. Body weight is 183, bench press 185. Would have done 183 if I had 1.5lb plates. 41:47. Shot for 35, set a cutoff at 40. No way was I getting that close and not finishing. SHDP were invented by Concept Rower co. Best motivation out there to get a rower. splits were 2:11, 5:33, 11:59.
ReplyDeleteThat's the best effort of the week. No question. Part of me is humbled by the fierceness required to SDHP for rowing in a wod like this (say, more than 100m). Part of me (not so) secretly wishing for more rowing wods to come out of the hopper just to see where you breaking point is.
Delete