Tuesday, July 31, 2012
day 79, day 1
Good check up Mon. Platelets at 50 which is sorta the Mendoza line for our kinda exercise, so I'm cleared for the gym. Not required to return to Boston for three weeks and I can eat tomatoes from the garden. (like, what other kind would one eat?) Red and whites solidly in normal range. Went to the gym this AM to see how bad things were gonna be, what sort of task I was up against. Call it my third climb out of the hole, (not to say grave.) Squatted 135 in a many-second grinder. The numbers don't lie, but I really didn't expect to touch much more than 100. So. All kinds of problems with form, you can see, but this was absolute end range, if a butterfly landed on the bar it would have sent me crashing. Fought it up with quads and back. Happily call it a max effort after lots of rep work. Haven't felt jello leg in a while. Better yet, I still had 4 pull ups. Four pull ups is SO much better than none pull ups. The blog will get a little exercise-y, from here sorry if that bores or offends. Feel free to bitch about it, or tell us what you're up to.
.JPG)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice. I am coming up tomorrow while i still have a chance to beat you in these.
ReplyDeleteNice going. Been waiting for this blog to get exercise-y. Good news man. Good news.
ReplyDeleteSince we are wod'n again, might as well. Blew my lower back on a mainsite wod from a couple days ago. The one with deads, jump touches and hspu. Regardless of how tired your legs and ass gets, never let form go and use your back. Got the corn-cob-in-the-rear walk going on for a couple days now.
Foam roller, here i come.
Sounds like what I'd advise for birthing a new member of the species. Ditto on the post-match walk and everything, though I walked easier the less I thought about what had just transpired.
DeleteI'll bitch in your exercise-y blog ...only about myself. The only way I could do 4 pull up is if I was standing on a chair. Nice work...Think of yourself as a fresh ball of clay...start molding!
ReplyDeleteGreat news on the numbers. I will pass along to your fans up here. Please keep us informed of your progress in the gym...
Awesome sauce
ReplyDeleteCock-a-doodle-do Cope, cock-a-doodle-do.
ReplyDeleteCIP: I was doing that same walk for a little while after that wod. But then i removed the corncob and everything cleared right up.