Tuesday, July 10, 2012

57 CLEAR PROP!

I keep messing up the count, sorry.  The good Dr. himself said Mon was 56, so we'll call today 57.  Good checkup yesterday.  Numbers normal except platelets, still down but inching up.  Super visit with the McCready clan.  His boy, Huck's birthday.  The Angry Birds' anger strikes me as contrived.  Must also announce Rick took a game from me after I was profligate with my queen.  I'm still series leader, rest assured, and it was a good object lesson: don't be stupid.  Sunday was Wyatt's first airplane ride.  Should have seen how wide his eyes.

To be clear: I will give up the gun when they pry it from my cold dead fingers, or such time as our body politic gets less fatheaded about gun control.  This is not a contradiction; it is Keatsian negative capability.  I own a lot of them (though not as many as some).  I don't think anybody's coming to get them.  Quite the opposite, I think supply is over heavy.  What do I know?  What's true is I don't hunt Odocoileus Virginanus with them anymore, just not as sporting as I prefer.  Unless there are tags to fill, then sport be damned, my kids love deer jerky.  This I believe is quite in line with the cosmos.

Speaking of the cosmos, I confess I could use a little higgs boson primer.  I got lost at imaginary numbers.   Pilch? Nate?


10 comments:

  1. Very good to hear. And glad Wyatt was able to join you for the flight. Really great pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on your path back. I love the family pics, it's great to see you back with your family.

    You're getting me all charged up with the gun talk and venison lingo...I need to cool my jets or I am going to be like Bill Murray chasing gofers!

    FYI...I am making guac tonight for the first time for our Mexican Fiesta/All Star Game Party...I feel like a young Jedi trying to make you proud. I will let you know how it turns out. By the way...Lex made the best guac I ever had and the chips were blue!!

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it pronounced "kates-ian" by poetry fans?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right on. The unexpected guac shout out. Huzzah.

    This explanation of Higgs Bosun was recommended by Roger. http://www.aspenideas.org/session/god-particle

    The stage is decorated like a renaissance fair and you think at first that he's going to be making bad stand up, but it turns out, it's a pretty good explanation. I'll leave it to him (or PIlch or KME) but essentially it proves what had been theorized for 50 years regarding the nature of the universe and what gives all objects mass. In short, it is Higgs particles that make your 300lb deadliest heavy: they form the essence of what object must move through and why mass creates resistance to movement.

    Or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should read 300lb DEADLIFT. Stupid autocorrect. Deadliest sounds like a bad euphemism for poop.

      Delete
  5. CJ,
    God, guns, alcohol, and guts. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is getting heavy for non math types. But god, guts, and alcohol. That's a beautiful trinity. Guns are good for some. Potter, you once told me to keep my gun powder dry. Sage advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am phenomenal at math. Thanks for the analogy Sarah, it is a close second to the Most Holy Trinity!!

      Delete
    2. God love you. No good at math, but i can string a sentence together. Plus a no- handed cartwheel. And some other stuff im not sure of yet. But it will be good

      Delete
  7. The most holy trinity??? Are you talking about gin, vermouth and olives? Sweet.

    Think i'll have a drink now.

    As for guns, i just bought a new AK yesterday.

    ReplyDelete