Sunday, April 28, 2013

disturbin' the peace!

Ludacris show Fri night.  Felt more like a chaperone than a patron.  As Luda himself told us several times, there's [sic] just too many hits to choose from.  But could a casual fan be forgiven expecting "Saturday?"  Puma suedes, of course.  Red hoodie, natch.  Saw not a little bit of bumping, grinding and backing it up. Or as the prudish say, frank depictions of the sex act.  Indeed, how low can you go? Oh and fair amount of skin:  it seems lace and "muscle" shirts are making a comeback.  And just guessing: carbohydrate sources abound in the Millersville U chow line.  That sounds snarky but one dear needed help getting out of the bottom of her squat.  Lost lumbar curve, totally quad dominant.  I'm concerned for their safety.  Or maybe just 40.  (+) When I move, you move.  Just like that.

Next three:

1)
7x3 banded (speed) deads 75%+25%
7x3 bench heavier than last week
10 min 3xunder and HS practice
10min AMRAP: 10 pull ups/15 hp snatch #75
20 pushup

4x500m row  1:2, 1:1.5, 1:1


2)
15 min 1RM snatch, 15 min 1RM C&J
1x20 HBBS heavier than last week, ass to ankles (if you have said range)
"Amanda" 9-7-5  muscle up/squat snatch (135 is rx.  I'll probably be at 115)

4min max 200# sled drag


3)
7x1 2pos snatch (floor and 2in off)
5x3 snatch 1st pull w/three sec pause at knee, heaviest possible
For time: 30 push press 135/30 box jump 30"/30 CTB/30 HSPU

3x20 Reverse hyper
3x25 UB GHD sit

pawned my Smith-Corona

8 comments:

  1. I was NOT frontin'. I'm OG. HP is hang-power. Movement starts anywhere between the knee and the waist, ends no lower than parallel quads. Today I did pretty much as drawn above. Deads at 195 w/ red bands. Bench at 155-175-185x5, a pretty big jump im pleased with. 10min of HS practice including a tabata, against the wall but striving for free standing. 10min AMRAP: 10 pull ups/15 hp snatch #75/20 push ups. four rounds. I learned too late how to really cycle the snatches. 4min max #200 sled drag. 46 ft lengths of the gym, to and fro. 9 x= 414ft. I think 200yds is possible w/o turn around. EMOM 10: 7 butterfly kip pull ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK you are working way too hard. That bench jump is nice.
    Fri-5 rounds 7 pull ups/7 dips/200m on treadmill - this was my early morning straight out of bed more of a loosening up that an actual WOD. 12 minutes and change. Hardly broke a sweat.
    Sat-scaled Klepto-3 RFT 27 20"box jumps/20 burpees/11 #95 squat cleans. 17:40
    Sun-shoulder press 1-1-1-1-1:125-135-145-150-145/push press 3-3-3-3-3:145-155-165-175-175(2)/push jerk 5-5-5-5-5:155-155-155(3)-145-145

    Haven't gotten Taube's book, but reading some about him and the issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good terrible day training. Snatched 140 C&J 175 Bit into "amanda," had no muscle ups. Feeling the lingering effects of "angie" Got 7 in oh i dont know, 13 minutes. did 21 squat snatches @115 A good 30 minutes of work. 10 EMOM 3 strict pull ups. Whew. didnt see that one coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mainsite chipper today
    For time:
    100 ft Walking lunge
    50 Push-ups
    50 Double-unders
    25 Knees to elbows
    5 4 jumping towel pull ups with kte at top, hold and lower (rope climbs rxd)
    50 box jumps 24"
    25 Overhead squats, 65 pounds
    10 L-pull-ups + 15 tuck pull ups (25 L-pull ups rxd)
    50 Sit-ups
    30:37
    L-sits biggest time suck, kte probably next biggest

    CJ you might like this. Doing some squat cleans before the WOD above, just before my third rep at 165 I thought maybe if I lean back a little more I can get more hamstrings in the pull. So leaned back, hammies tightened, pulled. Weight came up, I dropped under it and shot right out the back, off the mat onto my glutes. First thought - wow, I gotta move that bench that I was laying right next to. First time I have have been pushed back like that. I feel like a real lifter now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like it. Just happened to me last week. Felt like I traded with oak.

      today ate at me so bad, I had to go back for more. Sesh two: 1x20 hbbs 165, 3x8 GHD raise, 3x15 reverse hyper.

      Delete
  5. as drawn: 7x1 2 pos snatch (floor, 2in above) was at 115 today, way more than i could handle last week. 5x3 snatch 1st pulls w/3sec pause at knees. The pause makes this a TOUGH 5 sets. 225. 5x5 Tempo HBBS 161. For time: 30 push press/30 30" box jumps/30 CTB/30 HSPU. 16:02. HSPU to 2 abmats. 3x12 Reverse hyper 3x25 GHD sit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wrecked my back doing DL triples last night. Some day I will learn, but until then, somebody please remind me of this before every heavy DL and BS workout.

    50 L-pull ups for time. Legs were not straight, but pretty close to it. Legs were not always parallel to ground, but somewhat paralles-esque for all. 12:09

    ReplyDelete