Sunday, April 21, 2013
RED BUD!
next three:
!) 7x3 banded deadlifts. 50%1RM bar weight+20% band "weight" 60 sec rest
7x3 Bench, work up to 3RM
15 min double/triple under and Handstand practice
5RFT: 25 split jumps/5 power snatch/25 hand release (HR) push ups
4x500m row with work:rest ratios--1:3-1:2-1:1
@) 15 min 1RM snatch
15 min 1RM C & J
1x20 HBBS (70% or thereabout)
1 up to 5 muscle up/10 to 2 even reps ascending C&J (95-105-120-135-150)
21-15-9 1.5 KB/row 500/T2B
#) 7x2 hi-hang snatch heaviest possible
5x3 snatch first pull, heavier than last week
5x3 tempo HBBS @ 75% 60 sec
40 burpees/50 DU/30 burpees/50 DU/20 burpees/50 DU/row 1K
3x3 BB TGU (weighted 55-75) 45 sec
3xME UB T2B 45sec
heart attack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

unweighted split jumps. Suggested weight for power snatches is 95-135. I think you want them to be demanding but possible. Ideally unbroken, but if you're just off you might have to put it down to regroup. what happened to me. There is a way to band deads at home: stretch band collar to collar over BB and stand on the belly of the band. IF not keep it light, say 65% 1rm and concentrate on moving FAST.
ReplyDelete!) above today: deads at 185+red bands. Bench worked up to 2 triples at 180. Maybe 5 min handstand practice before 9 oclock class. After class: 5RFT: 25 split jumps/5 power snatches 105/25 HR pushups. 14:53 pushups a real time killer. 4 min rest then 4x500m row. work rest 3:1, 2:1, 1:1 1:43, 1:46, 1:48, 1:52
right on. what do you think? good tidy little sessions, right? I like how they break into segments. I end up doing more without feeling the strain. (right away)
ReplyDeletetoday: 15 min 1rm: Snatch-135 C&J-170. Little rushed, not complaining. max efforts come often enough that you dont have to get all emotional about them.
1x20 HBBS 150.5 WOW the 20 set will make you feel alive
1-2-3-4-5 MU/10-8-6-4-2 C&J (95-105-120-1354-150) was prepared for this to take 25+ minutes but the MU's were abiding today. Not to say fast, they just didn't run away. 16:40 Missed 2 CJ's
21-15-9 1.5KB/T2B w/500m row in between rounds. I think this was core work and maybe not necessarily timed, but if you're playing you might as well keep score: 9:17
nah, it's a good question. one i should have asked. I scribbled down sloppy notes and only did 2 rows. It sorta gnawed on me and then I read your post. I checked back: 3 rows indeed. start the rounds with a row: row-21-row-15-row-9. This too: this was the xtra conditioning portion for those who are training for regionals. Not core work. I'd do better to pay attention. So skip it if you want. or do it wrong like i did.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what should happen with the blog. I like reading what youall are doing, tho I have too noticed that group has thinned. Among other things it gives me access to a group I really don't belong to yet, and I am enjoying eavesdropping. The group I currently wod with wants to talk about kids and husbands, not exercise. And I like the random pictures of the bambini.
ReplyDeleteResults/observations of strict diet? I had been counting calories aiming to get body fat % down a few but stopped last week, feeling more sane for it. Curious tho, particularly re: minimal carbs.
ART session #3 tomorrow, the other day he said it was more junked up than he'd thought, adhesions all around rotator cuff. I now think and he also thought there was an event, namely 13.1 snatches. Pain on pullups and pushups as of last week, which has been a little mental challenge since of course all I want to do now are pullups. Head to socket 100x/day and I do think it's helping. Feel a little click when it goes. Looked up some other stuff and trying out scap wall slides, cuban press, band pull aparts. Modifying wods as needed.
bench press 5-5-3-3-1-1
63-63-73-73-83-83 had pain coming on/off bar but none in movement, thought I should be conservative with # so I was.
partners, rest while partner works, 5x
sled drag 100m 80# shoulda had more #
10 russian KB swing 44#
10:08
fight gone bad
214. meh. organizational snafu (lots of people, not alot of clarity) on each round so I lost way too much time. AM NOT blaming it for the score but it was annoying.
I no longer have a rabbit in Foundations cohort, which maybe makes it more difficult to set goals for a wod but I'm sure there's a different lesson in pushing from the inside.
I hope it would be assumed given these movements/weights/score, but just in case: rx.
ReplyDeleteglad you are down with the outlaw way, cope. I do hear you about the time. It is a concern of mine as well. I have the benefit of being able to segment. When i do train straight through I do it like this: Brief brief warm up: 50-100 Du's, super strict wall squats, high kicks, elbow to floor lunges, Burgener warm up. Start loading the bar. Keep on strict 1min-1.5 min rest. Don't lollygag. Keep moving. Can usually complete in hour. But you must also be willing to cut some portion free w/o guilt. just don't always cut the same portion.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what to do with the blog either. I said a year and I meant it. Maybe as spring loosens up we'll get lut and nate back. I hate gym chit chat. Someone said (maybe it was me) that interesting people talk about ideas, stupid people talk about people. People suck, stink. So do people that talk about them. My new nutrition angle has been a real boon. I feel like i found the holy grail. I do this: eat as much as I want whenever i want of: meat, eggs, cream, nuts, vegetables, fats, burbon, cracklin's, (technically a meat, i think) I dont count or weigh or measure anything, but eyeballing it I'd say sub 15g cho/day. most days probably under 10g. no sugar not fruit no wine, no sugar, no sugar. I tried to read, GOOD CALORIES BAD CALORIES but couldnt really wade through it. It's dense, meticulously researched, good but kinda a slog. The cliffs notes version "WHY WE GET FAT AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT" (yes hideous title) is light quick and easy though remarkably convincing. I'm frankly scared by how over the moon my sceptic self has gone for his argument. Carbohydrate drives insulin drives fat (and attendant maladies). That simple. My motivation is quite a bit different than most: if cancer is in fact a metabolic disease as they think it might be, i have to do everything i can. In quiet moments I dont really thrill that this is where i end up (not drinking wine) but that's where i end up. Sugar is toxic. As pilch says, everything is a matter of dosing. I think my minimal acceptable dose may be zero. I mean it may NOT be too, but neither do i want to find out how much meth i can safely take. SO that's me: the up side and this may fit a big generic YOU: im never hungry, finding performance gains, shedding adipose tissue, growing bigger and stronger. After all the years of making little experiments with myself, i think this is it. Easy, tasty (pork belly twice a week), satisfied. I dont really recommend you try it, but I do recommend Taubes books. they'll recommend you try it and if you read with your eyes open, you;ll probably try it and figure out a version that works for you. It sorta reminds me of college: i could get good grades if i did the work. I just never wanted to do the work bad enough. Here i know what to do to get the results i want. and now im afraid of not doing the work. But anyway, the calorie is a specious metric. just stop thinking that way. (Taubes explains) if you want BF% to go down, eat fewer carbs, more protein and fat.
clicking shoulder isn't the best, so keep shoving that boy in there. the bandy pull aparts will help keep it there. be WAY careful on un/racking the bench bar. it's hell on the even minimally avulsed humerus. Your spotter should be giving and taking lions share of weight. didnt picture you benching or would have warned you. i've seen several shoulders go bad unracking a med weight bench. You should be getting good at estimating times by movement and your log should help. Figure a time, cut a minute and theres your rabbit. We'll wait for the un-snafu-ed FGB score, It matters.
ReplyDeletewhew. Today: 7x2 hi hang snatches 115. GOOD Exercise. Bet my snatch went up just for these. 5x3 snatch 1st pull 225. Last week i called these snatch-grip deads. And they are more or less, but i am messing with my starting postion enough that now dead and snatch/clean set ups are quite distinct. These arent deads, they're the first pull of the snatch. 5x3 tempo HBBS 150. Tough, felt good to finish them. WOD: 40 Burpees 50 DU 30 Burpees 50 DU 20 Burpees 50 DU. 15:53. Was supposed to row 1k. pfft. eat me. Burpees are such a bummer. 3x3 BB TGU 3XME T2B 18-16-15 Thought i could do 21. I could not.