Thursday, April 18, 2013

when I paint my masterpiece

Next three will look something like these.  I like to have more planned than I can typically do.  I like options.  And I like some organizing structure, theoretical framework.  Variation is key and routine the enemy, but total randomization isn't all that effective.  This may be a short-lived experiment if Im posting these just for Cope.  He can bookmark some sites and we can email.  In truth the time of the blog may be waning.  Or maybe we will shed a skin and emerge something different.  happy to hear you thoughts, eulogies, cheers, boos.

1) 15 min to establish 1rm C & J.  15min 1rm snatch.  5x 50% snatch EMOM 10 minutes. 21-15-9 OHS 95/pullups

2) Every 20 sec for 4 minutes: C & J 75%.  EMOM 8min: C & J 85%.  Back squat 3x3 85%, 2@90%, 2x2 95%.  1min ME UB 2pd KB--3x 3min AMRAP with 1 min rest: 7 front squat 70%, 100m row, 2 mu's--1 min ME UB KB

3) 7x1 two pos snatch, 7x1 two position clean.  Heaviest possible with good technique.  Tabata row for calories. 12min AMRAP BB TGU

Here's to KME's pull ups.  Here's to lut and nate and pilch lost at sea. . .  Naughton got knee overhauled, only a matter of weeks (and weeks) now.  Totally went whole hog with nutrition lately.  Zero sugar, 10g or less Carbs for two weeks and running.  HG PR deadlift last night: 235.  My chick 'hood.  Give us the news

4 comments:

  1. In 1) above: 1rm Snatch: 145pr, 1rm C&J: 170pr. EMOM: 75# muscle snatch x 5. "Diane" 21-15-9 225 DL/HSPU 7:44 (HSPU to two Abmats, first round of deads unbroken (!))

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2) above:
    Every :20 for 4 min: C&J 127.5
    EMOM 8 min: C&J 145
    HBBS: 3x3 182.5 1x2 193.5 2x2 205

    conditioning: 1min ME UB 2p KB (22)
    1min rest
    3x 3 min AMRAP 129 front squat x7/100m row/3 muscle ups/1min rest
    in the first round got two MU, second round 1, third round 3. In retrospect should have made the amrap 1mu, probably would have done a lot more work if not more MU's
    immediately: 1min ME UB 2p KB (16)

    yep, got fractional plates. They don't ask how, they ask how many.
    Going to USAW level 1 Cert with the Chupacabra in early June. Look out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The graduate-level Crossfit Acronyms have me a little lost, but I get that I'm here to sit towards the back and listen.

    What does "driving the head back into the socket" mean on my shoulder prescription? I can't visualize this.

    I figured I was on the right track focusing on dead hangs. I might be pissed at them for never saying a word in the weeks I gave up the band and practiced negatives while the 3x/week-for-a-year women go through the motions using the same band they've been using for 6 months, but I guess in a way I might also be pissed at the ladies for not questioning the lack of progress themselves. That maybe makes me sound like an asshole but it's really just a comment on the importance of invested instruction.

    The next months for me will be about filling in blanks to get to Level I. From watching how our wods are pulled out of Level I (or not, as they sometimes seem totally different) it seems the Foundations programming is designed to have people leave feeling like they got a good workout rather than to push them into Level I. We're also given a pass on skill stuff, and I see that they will only come if I'm giving myself homework. All of which is fine. It will be a rough transition when it happens.

    A single T2B yesterday that I couldn't repeat. Also 2 complete rope climbs, which is important to me mostly because of my fear of heights. I regret looking down.

    You'd think after all that cawing these times would look considerably better than they do.

    7x
    10 burpee
    7 pushups (real sets 1,2 negatives 3-7)
    100m sprint
    rest 1:30
    19:22

    5x 3 HSC
    53 63 73 83 93, 2 fails at 103 felt like I had the strength but didn't get under

    3x
    10 box jump 20"
    10 GHD
    .33 airdyne
    7:25 (with a nod of respect to the rather cruel airdyne-box jump transition)

    row 900
    45 abmat
    30 pushup
    row 600
    30 abmat
    20 pushup
    row 300 15 abmat
    10 pushup
    16:22
    hovered at 2:10 pace on rows and felt pretty good about that
    this was 3days on and planned all negatives for the pushups but ha! the 70 from 2 days prior said no way. did knees, haven't done knees since I learned why I shouldn't but didn't see another option.




    ReplyDelete
  4. Some meathead to English translations: PR-personal record, ME-max effort, RM-rep max, EMOM-every min on the min, UB-unbroken, BB-barbell, TGU-Turkish get up, HBBS-High bar back squat

    I meant the head or the ball of your humerus. Back into the socket, past impinging structure/tissue. A good scale for push ups is elevated pushing platform: hands on 30-24-20 in box, lower as you are able, below box use plates. Work for slow controlled movement to develop soft tissue (shoulder structure) strength along with muscular adaptation.

    Still, PULLUPS!

    Today was slow and creaky and a very hard start. nothing impressive except that i started and finished. 7x1 2-position (floor, hang) snatch. Got up to 7 at 105. missed easily that many at lower warming up. 7x1 2-position clean, body began to obey and these weren't awful but they were light (125)

    Tabata row for calories. 755m tabata score:6 whew fighting a full scale revolt from quads and back.

    12min amrap TGU. Would have gladly taken a punch in the face rather than do this, but there was no one there to punch me. Damn hard in really weird ways. 27.

    ReplyDelete