Monday, April 15, 2013

We don't need no stinking patches.

A) Jorge:  30GHD sit/15 squat cleans, 24/12,18/9, 12/6, 6/3 (on 4/8/13)
rx'd was 155, which for non-scalers would be plump but not too big to get your arms around.  That weight for me was probably 125 or so.  I did the wod at 115 and have no regrets.  Could have done heavier but it would have been slower.  Been working GHD's so they were a nice distraction.  Sq cleans were a real inducement to breathe.  13:13

B) Max power snatch. 135.  only a week ago this was max snatch at the very bottom.
EMOM, 10min: 5 power snatch 70#.  probably should have made these squat snatches.
10min handstand practice.  Took couple days off, travel, fishing.  Felt good.  Today was easing back into things, while also beginning to figure out new training template.  It could be several days until i get it sorted out.  Experimenting with a couple things (Outlaw, HD&CC, Westside, CFFB and the ultra novel idea of programming for ourselves.), will keep you posted. I believe my emphases in the coming weeks will be olympic lifts and gymnastic work, sub 12 min scorcher wods.

C) Hang snatch doubles from blocks, snatch high pulls, snatch balance, on the min.  GHD work.  TGU work. (yep)  5mu/100m row------down/up to-------1mu/500m row.  21:16.  So much for sub 12.  Sometimes the only way out is through.


7 comments:

  1. I'm psyched for my patch. Next year, KME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 squat cleans/15 GHD sit, 12/12, 9/9, 6/6, 3/3. #135.-14:20 I wanted to do the GHD sits but new the volume was too much so I cut it in half. Reversing the order of the exercises was, well a mistake. oops. Sat down half way through the second round of cleans because they were too heavy. Debated whether to cut weight or just quit. Finished with #135.

    Schedule is killing me. Lax and spring soccer seasons are brutal in the pilcher household. Number of wods will be lower for the next couple of months. Yet I will have no more free time and be even more tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, so roughly the template is: A) max effort [squat variation, press variation, power clean or power snatch] followed by 65-75% of that lift 5x EMOM for 5-10min. B) barbell gymnastics work from OUTLAW C) WOD from OUTLAW, Mainsite, CF Football or time trial/interval rowing. D) core work. It's obviously a lot of work, but I'm finding if I don't lollygag I can get it all done in an hour. Keep rest times short and have the whole session mapped out and prepared before you start. Keep moving. Choose wods that are 12 min or less. If you're pressed omit a portion but not always the same portion. If you have the time take it, of course. With much leisure you can stretch into two hours which is just heaven to me, but heck someone's gotta get the groceries.

    Last three (including today)
    1) 1rm back squat. (no emom)/5x2 snatch 75-80-85%, 5x32 snatch grip deads HEAVY, 5x2 tempo HB back squats (hold 5 count in bottom, bounce and come up)/8x250m row all out rest 1:00/3x5 1pood TGU, 3x Max unbroken T2B

    2) no ME/power snatch+squat snatch (touch and go, two snatches=one rep) 3x1@65%, 2x1@70%, 2x1@75%, 1@80% 60sec rest/rep. Power clean+push jerk: 3@70%, 3@75, 2@80/4RFT: ME UB HSPU/500m row Rest 1:1/ 3RNotFT: max UB KB (1.5), ME UB 115 thruster/ ME handstand hold

    3) ME press, 65% 5x EMOM/ 5x2 C&J 70-80% (progressive loading) 90 sec rest, 4x3 clean first pull (just above knee) 60 sec, 4x2 1.25 front squats 80% 60 sec/100 DU, 75 DU, 50 DU each set of DU followed by 25 pull ups and 15 GHD/ GH raise & reverse hyper

    as for outline of the next three I don't know b/c im following/choosing from current programming on other sites. If y'all are really into it, I can cobble together a few until Outlaw and others are a few days ahead of us. Or you can just follow outlaw with additions/deletions as you need which is more or less what im doing. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hoping this will give you an idea about how to go about tackling the work: I went in today with 3) above planned. here's what I actually did: ME press (155), 135# push press x3 EMOM, 10min. 5x2 C&J 125, 125, 135, 135,140 90sec, 4x3 clean first pulls 225 60 sec, 4x2 one and a quarter front squats 135. 3rft 50 du/10 pull up/15 GHD 9:57.

    ME press took way longer than anticipated. Was pretty thin by conditioning time, cut pull ups and DU to unbroken and 2-set volumes so to really rev. Skipped GH raises, Reverse hyper. 90 minutes in to out the door, longish (15min) warm up included. Outlaw usually rests thurs and sun. I may adopt that. Dont know yet. This week will probably work through sat. I'm not ruling out other amendments. talk it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Thank you CJP, Cope, for shoulder mob help.
    2. I haven't been doing it (other than extra stretching and some form of self-massage) so I couldn't show my face, er, bunny. Rats: just saw the Potter head-tilt I'd been aiming to avoid by avoiding.
    3. Been diligently woding, tho I think that gets me into more trouble here. (highlights: 3RM dead 178, 3RM HSC 93, 3RM front squat 108, mile 7:28)
    4. 2 strict pullups yesterday and should've documented 2nd but didn't quite believe I'd gotten up there the 1st time.
    5. Yeah that made it worse.
    6. ART guy today, lots more better but still some funk in there.
    7. Will start tomorrow, yes will start tomorrow.
    8. Am I kicked off the 2013 roster? cause I've got a hole for that patch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait that's not a bunny.

    re: 4. I was going to ask what youall thought (take care of the shoulder first, right) about focusing on strict before kipping because that's what I decided to do after starting the hang&negative practice (mostly because "raw strength" sounded so good I wanted some) and reading stuff online about the kip taxing shoulder girdle...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing I love more than a pull up is two pull ups. HUZZAH. A fitness threshold narrow and demanding, maybe a life moment. Think about it, you just put yourself in a much stronger and healthier (and smaller) subset of humans. It's all down(up) hill from here. They're sorta like tattoos. Once you get one, you just want more. As for your focus: more dead hang pull ups ALWAYS = more kipping. more kipping NEVER = more dead hang. We should practice kipping as skill work, we should train pulling strength. You're still on the team.

    ReplyDelete