Sunday, April 7, 2013
I'm looking through you
A) For time: press 10/OHS 15/push press 20/front squat 25/push jerk 30/back squat 35 all with #115 barbell. Thought about taking some weight off. Did not, with the goal of no more than 2 sets per exercise. Unbroken presses and almost OHS. It fell, I didn't put it down. Push presses and FS's were in two sets and only 7 minutes had elapsed. Jerks came in 5's with lots of misses and a fair amount of distress. Back squats in two sets but they were slow and Im still sore. 16:03 Terrific workout.
B) For time: row 1KM/20 GHD sit/row 750m 40 T2B/row 500m 60 sit up
all my rows were sub 1:57 pace. Probably was a little too relaxed in T2B but im cycling them better. This felt much faster than the shoulder madness the day before but the clock said it took longer. Still feeling the GHDs, probably b/c we did a tabata set (score: 8) to finish the training. 18:25
C) 4min AMRAP: 15 #100 thruster/15 C2B pullups. Having a most recent Fran (90 reps) time of 9+ minutes, I thought that 50 reps at a higher weight and much tougher pull up in (less than) half the time would be irrefutable progress. So that was my goal. Sets went 8-7/8-7, 5-3-2-5/4. Not doing 5-5-5 in the second set of thrusters (as planned) was a huge drag on my score and psyche. Got no-rep in my final, and 20th pull up. did another that didn't beat the buzzer. 49. wow. Awful.
I can't do what the big boys do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Did the #115 barbell press and squat thing yesterday, took me just over 21 minutes, so nice push Mr. Potter. I knew that would be tough, didn't realize quite how tough. Moved through the squats pretty quickly, all the presses took their toll. I knew I was in trouble last night when the DOMS started kicking in about 8 hours after the WOD. Luckily it is getting worse today.
ReplyDeleteFor time:100 SDHP #45/20 GHD sit/75 SDHP #45 40 T2B/50 SDHP #45 60 sit up - 24:34 First two rounds of SDHP 4:40ish, third around 2:45. T2B a huge time suck. Could barely hold onto the bar.
ReplyDeleterespect to the SDHP sub. much respect.
ReplyDeleteJust checking in... still not much to offer on the training front, though I did teach on roller skates Friday. Yes, all day. Empowering, what with the extra height. Is all well? Boston soon?
ReplyDelete