Thursday, May 2, 2013

Merry May

a)
Every 40 sec for 4 min: 1 power snatch+2 snatch grip push press (as a complex) at least 80%  (Im gonna try to be at 120-125)

Every 40 sec for 4 min: 2 power cleans+1push jerk at least 70% (Trying for 135)

3RFT: 400m/10 thrusters 115

Rest 10 minutes

10min max distance row


b)
7x1 2 position clean (floor, 2" above)+1jerk, heavy as you can get.  60 sec rest

4x3 clean 1st pull w/3 count pause at knee. 60 sec rest

4x4 1.25 front squat heavier than last time 60 sec rest (hoping for 150-55)

6 rounds for total work time: row 20 cal/15 burpees.  In rounds 1-3 rest 1:1, in rounds 4-6 rest .5:1

3min max #250 sled drag

3x8 GHD raise
3x20 reverse hyp

7 comments:

  1. Did snatch complex at 120 & 125. Clean complex at 145. 3rft: 400m/10 #105 thrusters. Running is one of the final recovery frontiers for me. Bad neuropathy, weak ankles, short calves. Lower legs generally a mess. Time to get started cleaning it up. 400's came in around 1:20. Wanted unbroken thrusters and got 'em. 8:40 10min rest. 10min max row. I really wanted 2500m but had too many woe is me moments with a sluggish pace. 2406m. Tabata handstand hold. 3xmax butterfly kipping pull up 12,11,10.

    love the table sled. does your wife mind you telling everyone how much she weighs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's he reading?

    Dragging the wife down the street on an amputated ikea table is quite an image.

    A couple from last week I didn't report, but moving forward:
    5x5 DB push press
    20 25 20 35 35 failed with 40s
    they tell us to warm up/work up to weight, but 5x5 really means 5x my heaviest no?

    amrap 3 mins, rest 1, pick up where left off
    3 ring row, 6 box jump 20", 9 air squat
    called for pull ups but still no go with shoulder
    12 rounds + 5 reps

    15min amrap
    10 DL 95#
    10 ring row (sub again for pull ups, tho improving, got one dead hang today, didn't feel great, didn't get a second)
    200m run
    7 rounds + 5 reps
    Strange relationship developing with DL wods--do I love them? do I hate them?

    squat 15-10-5-3-15
    63-83-103-113-83 Thrown off by rep scheme, in retro should've loaded up some because they felt good.

    5x
    10 push press 53#
    15 abmat
    5 mid thigh box jump 24"
    6:04

    A visiting xfitter I went head to head with today told me after wod that I'm fast. I hugged him. I hugged him because never in my life have I been told I am fast. Been called strong before, never, ever, EVER, fast. Not even by a generous elementary school gym teacher, because I would have remembered it (my little brother is fast). Was also asked when I'm taking my Level I test--really trying to be patient with shoulder but it's painful to not be on the bar practicing these few weeks. I actually hate the bar. But I know I need to love it.

    Started ketogenic diet Wednesday. Trying for, I should say. Resisted sharing as I was not sure I could get through a day without eating a banana. I can get through at least two and a half days. Passed a strawberry stand yesterday and felt like a big idiot. (I live in the CA central valley, which is pretty much like going to Paris and skipping the boulangerie.) Going to see how the week goes. I will say this was precipitated by a weekend of "treating" myself away with hub. The treats left me feeling like absolute garbage, physically and mentally. We passed Invictus CF in SD and I was pissed I didn't have anything other than sandals. What is happening to me?

    Sorry so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reading a book on snakes, i think. or sharks. or snakes and sharks. He read his first novel w/o anyone's say so. just went ahead found a book and read it. UNSTOPPABLE by Tim Green YA melodramatic soap opera in ink. Not too worried but the idea to stay 2 steps ahead of him falling short of the mark. Need like 2 dozen steps. Told me last week that Cab drivers smoke a lot or at least thats the way it seems. Had to shrug my shoulders. Yeah. It does seem that way.

      Delete
  3. very good stuff indeed. my advice on keto: eat ALL you want, do NOT get hungry. Fill your belly. Just not with carbs. getting hungry can really swamp you if you're not prepared. funny you mention the strawberries. We dont live in the CA of berries, more like the, well, PA of berries, but ive been steeling myself for the season. sugar is poison sugar is poison sugar is poison.

    good training today: 7x1 2position cleans+1jerk. got em all at 135, huge jump. 4x3 clean 1st pull w/3sec pause at knee. 275. I think this means 1st pulls w/o pause has to go up. 4x4 1.25 front squats @ 155. went up 10lbs and 4 reps w/o knowing. My hams and legs suspected something. 6RFT 20 cal row/15 burpees. Timing was sorta a hash here. round took about 1:05-1:20 Rested 2min after rounds 1,2,3 Rested 1min after rounds 4,5 Total time 23 min, I think. Hard. Good stimulus. hoping to get back later today for sled pull and ghd/reverse hyp

    DERBY PICKS. Orb and Verrazano look tough to beat but I aint betting no chalk. I like Revolutionary, Goldencents and Its My Lucky Day for their fitness, speed, connections and most importantly figure them to be overlays. Sleeper Palace Malice could pick up the pieces if race comes apart, my long shot. hard to ignore Overanalyze and Will Take Charge. Overanalyze will probably haunt me until i bet. WTC I like but dont think can handle an off track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. got another in today (Sun.) as I will be traveling tomorrow. 7x3 banded deads 205 7x3 bench 175 185 185 185 190 195 195 Tabata hand stand holds "power Elizabeth" 21-15-9 power clean 115/ring dip. 6:18 Catch you all Tues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope tomorrow goes well.

    3 person team, cycle through each station
    row 500 (2:05)
    max reps 5yard touch
    max reps pushups (8 real, then negs)
    rest 2 mins
    row 500 (2:06)
    max rep KB (made to do 35#)
    max rep DU
    Wrote down reps but don't remember them now. My DUs sucked.

    Farmer's market this am (CHERRIES, blueberries, apricots, again: strawberries) was the end of that. If the fruit has made my lower belly pooch then my pooch I will love. Revision: under 100g/day.

    ReplyDelete