A) 12-9-6-3: 95#power snatch/burpees
"Death, though painful when it comes, is mercifully swift." You gotta run at this one or you won't get what you need. Try to pace yourself and you'll be out of a workout. I knew I had to finish under 8 and tried to get close to 5 as I could. Two sets of unbroken snatches, first and last. Last probably doesn't count. 6:13
B) "Hamilton" 3RFT: 1000m row/50 push ups/1000m run/50 pull ups.
One round is plenty. Planned to cap myself at 1 hour and the whole thing just had me sour. Still not a runner yet, so I did a 1250m row for the run. First round I rowed 2:00pace. After that the number just plumpered. Pull ups kinda gummed me up. I guess from all the oar pulling. Plus I usually train in a fasted state so anything over 20 minutes and I bonk pretty hard. Pushes not too bad. This makes for a busted afternoon. 57:58
C) 7 rounds for time & load: 35 double unders/1 snatch rep.
So you pick a weight that will challenge you, but if you miss them all, no points. Tied this one on at CrossFit Garfield with Lut. Hit a pr snatch 130 and then went at it with some gusto. I was worried about the double unders b/c of late ankle stuff. Not really a problem until it was all finished. Missed seventh rep just in front, barbell came down, smashed my ditch-witch shin and I think smashed my right hallux on [something, I don't know what]. Blood, searing pain, throbbing pain. It was some wreck. Either I smashed my toe or I wore it out on the double unders. DU's was my first theory, I didn't notice anything until after my hr recovered and shin pain subsided. Beginning to think smashed, however. Good and swollen, little b & b. Tender, but better than last night. Calling this one bad luck rather than stupidity. Which is progress. Still. Don't get hurt. 15:01/480lbs (120) Lut: 14:25/665lbs (95)
Hear a funky noise? That's the tightening of the screws.
Yeah, Hamilton. Hortman was the previous hero, the 45min amrap. Amended, thanks. I never lose my wedding ring.
ReplyDelete