tough three-on for me. Three pretty big scales, a substitution, and a doozy box jump. Give us what you got in comments. Mockery, ridicule, the works.
A) 20 front squat/30 30" box jumps/40 KB swings/50 wall ball
205# front squat was rx'd, a bit out of my reach. My last 1rep max was 165 (Pee-eww) and I knew the wod weight was intended to be heavy-ish. I reasoned that in stronger days 205 would have been around 80-90% max and I put 145 on the bar. Got 9 to start which was a nice surprise. Actually beat Dawn (115, I think) to the box jump where I promptly gave up the lead. On jump 30 of thirty I had a critical mental lapse thinking how high 30 inches is, thinking about the KB, thinking about the eternal verities. WHAM. Shin on box! Don't look, don't look, don't look. Completed KBs, hobbled to wall ball where I felt wet in my sock. Uh-oh. Don't look, don't look. At rep 25 I looked. Not pretty. Finished wall ball, called for the cut man. The cut man was Dawn, in her 3rd semester of nursing school. She advised stitches, as did my mother and just about anyone who looked at it. I was standing in line at CVS and a woman turned to me and said, You really oughta have that stitched. Alas, I have had my fill of medical establishments. Finally did go to ER last night. Was scolded for not coming in sooner, praised for excellent wound care, and shot up with some tetanus. 12:24
B) 3x1000m row, 2min rest.
RX'd was 800m runs. I just don't run yet and the shin made it clear trying today would not be a highly regarded time to begin. So. I needed a goal to chase. I thought I might make a run at a 3:30 1k and then let the chips fall where they fell. I mean to be clear, I think you run (row) them all guts out if you're doing it right, but I just needed to see some shape or structure to the long dark tunnel I was about to enter. I thought 3 under 4 would be tough and faster total than if I scalded myself and then limped in. I don't know, seems recreant now that I explain it, but at the time it seemed like a somewhat ambitious plan. 3:44.0--3:58.7--3:59.9 Whew. I sorta bow to the erg when I walk past, out of respect.
C) 7MIN AMRAP: 7dead lift/20m sprint/14 pistols/21 Double unders/20m sprint
315 DL rx'd, probably right around 1rm for me. Again, I knew it was to be HEAVY, a motif of the cycle. My last 5rm was 265. The BrandX scale called for 275. I shrugged my shoulders and thought If I only get one round, I only get one round. 275. In the first round I pulled 7 unbroken. Ha. Pistols still a challenge for me, so I did them to a sub-parallel box. If this wod came up last week, I wouldn't have finished one round b/c of the double unders but I've been working on them so they were not a stopper. 2 full rounds and 4 deads. OMG, you should have seen my "sprints"
I meet the King of Candy at a quarter to two. I meet the King of Candy at a quarter to two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sheesh, it HAS been heavy lately. nice work on the health lifts too. really nice. this is still a few days off for me.
ReplyDeletecrusty blood always makes it look worse. i still think i might throw up a little. hoohal.
Actually, I think the deep gash makes it look worse. That is pretty gross. But a good scar story for when we are all on a boat in the middle of the ocean late at night with a half empty bottle.
ReplyDelete20 front squat #95, 30 box jump 24", 40 kb swings 1.25pd, 50 thrusters with said kb. 9:24. Claudia came in at 7:18 with #25 front squat and #15 kb swings and thrusters.
I do not understand the mentality. I once quit halfway through a wod because my shoe was untied.
ReplyDeleteNice shine hole.
NICE WORK!!!! That is sweet, I hope you didn't do that intentionally just for me. I saw a t-shirt one time that read "scars are like tattoos, they just have better stories."
ReplyDeleteMet with Ortho yesterday, I am thinking I should have some rival scarring the end of March or April.
All that thinking, and look what it gets you.
ReplyDeleteSome running, because it was cold and windy. 3 rounds run 800m rest 2 minutes. 3:13, 3:19, 3:18. It was like drowning on land.
ReplyDeleteBackwards Filthy Fifty
ReplyDelete40:49
I like to call this one the wod i will not do again