Saturday, February 16, 2013

A) "Hortman" 45Min AMRAP  800m/80 squats/8 muscle ups
Shin and ankles kept me on the rower, 1k/round.  80 squats is a lot of squats.   Hell, 40 is a lot and you gotta do that twice.  Did all my muscle ups in singles.  Had a goal of doing 30 in the workout but I missed a couple late and it really gummed things up.  You've seen the harrowing muscle up miss, right?  Everyone has, it seems.  Have had a couple of my own, even one in this wod, but I've never seen the truly disastrous.  Are people GOOD at missing?  I don't get it.  OR are the stakes so high that people just find a way to stay connected and not get limb avulsed?  Post thoughts to comments.  Very close to connecting some muscle ups and that will mean 30 for time is around the corner.   Strict not far away either.  3 full rounds, +row+squats+2muscle ups.  I think D was 2 muscle ups behind me, but ONLY b/c of the muscle ups.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.


B) 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 power clean
jumper still sore.  Warmed up and added weight until I missed, that was at 155.  Tried to stay there.  Alas, it got heavy and there were many misses.  But they were at the very margins and now I'm power cleaning what took me a squat clean 3 wks ago.  After a dozen or so reps I backed the weight down to something un-light but makable.  155-160x-160x-160x-155x155-155x-150-150x-145x-145-135-135-135.   D was around 128 or 133


correction: Early on I say "good jumping position" it's not actually, but it is a good starting position (or, one I'm okay with): heels inside hips, chest up, butt up, shoulders slightly forward of bar, good spine.

C) 7RFT: 7 155 push jerk/7CTB/7 burpees
In the old days I would have left it heavy and taken 40 minutes.  In warm up I could get 4 jerks at that weight w/o putting the bar down, but pretty easy to tell from posted times that that wasn't the stimulus they had in mind.  To be clear I don't think I could touch sub 10 with a pvc but I was determined to keep the line between speed and strength scrambled.  135#.  Which felt like a metric shit ton in round 6 and 7.  Super strict C-T-B pulls, actually even harder than chest,--as high as I could pull (these help with the muscle ups.) and I did a few rounds unbroken which led to severe cardiac distress.  Please, please, please be under 20.  18:37.  Dawn a full round ahead at #95.

Got to do it on the good foot

7 comments:

  1. Been out of town all week so no real WODs. Did a made up 3 round thing of pullups and dumbell thrusters followed by tuck hangs in hotel gym. Not timed. Decided to go for ~ 2 mile run yesterday morning then do something in the hotel gym. It was 70degrees and sunny so the run turned into 4 miles and up all the big hills I encountered. And there were some big hills, never got a view from the top but took the hills as fast as I could. Today my calves are so tight I can barely walk. Should be back to WODs tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two rounds for time of:
    100 Double-unders
    85 pound barbell, Shoulder to overhead, 50 reps
    50 K2E
    27:35

    I was crushed when I came to post and read that "Jabba the Hut...under 25." Crushed, I tell you. how could it...? why didn't I...? you fuckin' pussy! Oh, b/c you did a different workout, you dope. I slightly skimped on weight. went with 85#, but apparently I spent too much time warming up and not enough time planning, I inadvertently subbed 50 knees to elbows for 25 toes to bar. double unders was not my problem here. 100 knees to elbows crushed me. maybe not 10 minutes, but some. anyway, serves me right. pfft.

    good video. no beef with the analysis. def plenty high, even with the early pull, i think you nail it with better elbow posish. looking fwd to doing this and recording

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the push jerk/CTB pull ups/burpees. cut the weight to #95 so I could go faster, was hoping for under 14. Did five rounds in 10:41, back was feeling a little sketchy so I bailed. the video is good. I might make some to send you for analysis. Be gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 min AMRAP 50 squats/30 push ups/ 15 pull ups. 2 rounds + squats + 17 push ups. the push ups were a major time suck for me. Not even the first round unbroken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be advised: that was for Kenya, not Rhodesia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought something felt amiss...

    Rhodesia would have been five rounds for sure.

    ReplyDelete