Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Why don't we do it on the floor?

Max floor press.  Set up a low rack.  Take some time to get used to the movement if it's new.  Expect the floor to halt your elbows and make the press awkward and difficult.  Stay in control on the way down and push with all you got on the way up.  Try some knees up, some knees down.  I think you'll find knees down is tougher--reminding you to use your feet when you're on the bench.  Got up to 180.  Use this (your) number for percentages on speed days.

Assistance work:  dumbbell presses, Tate's presses, rolling tri extensions, handstand holds

100 abmat situps soles together.

Conditioning:  we dont need no stinking conditioning.  Tomorrow (I hope).

You need only 90 sec of the vid, but the other 3min won't waste your time. Im proud to say I learned the floor press in THAT VERY cage.  Ashamed to say with how much less weight.  Some strong cats there in Columbus.  Check out the drifter mid clip stretching nothing but the band itself.  Hey, um, what are you DOING?  Funnier thing is dudes suchlike float around the place pretty much all the time from what I could tell.  Skinny as all get out, no telling what their stories are, just hanging out at West Side, weeds in the garden.

hope you're getting stronger.


No comments:

Post a Comment